[Solved] Bass Drum Issues

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • Bump, anyone?
  • So I switched the transistors - no luck. Any pointers?
  • mymaracas wrote:So I switched the transistors - no luck. Any pointers?
    Hi mymaracas, can you take hi-quality pictures of the BD-area? Sounds like a short or a wrong/broken component somewhere.

.p
  • Hey p, thanks for getting back to me. Here are some pictures (jumper wire still needs replacing i know):

• mymaracas wrote:Hey p, thanks for getting back to me. Here are some pictures (jumper wire still needs replacing i know):
    Everything looks ok except for the jumper and q6 and q12 area. Are you aure all the el-caps are in the right way? The reverse operation of the pot makes me wonder...

1V envelope sounds low to me but I don't have a Nava to measure and check.
  • Just checked the elcos in comparison to this page: http://www.e-licktronic.com/en/content/ ... e-bassdrum seem fine.

It's not necesarilly reverse operation, so much as it feels like it's bleeding through when it's really quiet. Yeah, I replaced that jumper wire - wasn't a bad connection, just not very safe ^^

I'll see if I can find any values for the envelopes...
  • Hi mymaracas, I was looking over your pictures and there was one resistor that I couldn't make out due to a shadow. The resistor in question was R16, it's just to the right of Q9. I was comparing the components to mine which works perfectly, thank God, and that one resistor was the only thing I couldn't verify. It's supposed to be 39K orange-white-orange, but from the pic it doesn't look like the one that I installed. It's just a thought, I know how frustrating it is trying to solve an issue. Good luck on your hunt.

Danny S.
  • Hi Danny S, Thanks for checking it over again! Had a look, yep it is a 39k, but metal film...