C163 at SD

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • Your 0.47 might have been bad? Or bad solder joint?
  • Maybe... but what difference will a 0,47uf make at c163? =)

The issues I had was that the seq would not play the snares programmed the first time. Only when accent was ( the higher level) was clicked in.
    Snare worked fine when tapping in tap mode. (Not programmed though.)
  • Hi,

I can't find the film capacitor 0,47uF neither in the BOM nor in the order i made at mouser.

So what i've to do, buy a 0,47uF or put a 0,047uF?
  • in my nava 0,47 bad working - 0,047 good), i mixed emitter and collector
  • its working good on mine with swapped transistor legs, and 0.47uf (i did both changes at the same time never powered it up in between, don't think it matters, but thought i mention it anyways...)
  • I have also swapped the transistor legs and i have the 0.47uf but i found that the sound is not good for me

Do you have the same with your Snare Drum ?
  • when it was 0.47 and I programmed sequencer that there was no sound or sound very slow if I did not use the accent or tap mode. it is difficult to explain but probably because of the greater capacitance needed more time to start operate , the sound appears only if I put the accent , or many consecutive strikes. everything worked exactly when the capacitor is charged as well as with 0,047 ... I have read that someone else has the exact same problem. I returned 0.047 and now everything is fine ) drifter7508 it seems to say about the same problem
    Last edited by Grizzlydj on Sep 18th, '16, 19:00, edited 2 times in total.
  • drifter7508 wrote:Maybe... but what difference will a 0,47uf make at c163? =)

The issues I had was that the seq would not play the snares programmed the first time. Only when accent was ( the higher level) was clicked in.
    Snare worked fine when tapping in tap mode. (Not programmed though.)
    exactly the same problem)) don't use 0.47
  • zephyrin wrote:I have also swapped the transistor legs and i have the 0.47uf but i found that the sound is not good for me

Do you have the same with your Snare Drum ?
    not exactly, but if in tap mode sound bad - the problem is not in c163, I think ... in any case worth a try 0.047