Open Hihat decay problem

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • I also had a Problem with the OH decay out of nowhere. After swapping several parts I found that the issue is the 1.09 Firmware! After I installed the 1.07 firmware my hats worked fine again!
  • yeah was out of nowhere here too.. strange, since they worked fine until yesterday and I was using 1.09 since it was released.. will try it tomorrow, thanks for the info..
  • In my case I guess I was so busy with the snare that I didn't test and use the Hi-Hats. I only noticed it later and didn't make the connection with the firmware.
    On which side of the PCB did you cut the trace for the BD? Do you care to take some pictures of your mod? I'm a bit worried to do that so I'd like to be absolutely sure not to mess up anything again.
    CHeers
  • it was for sure fine here before, I already recorded some tracks with the nava and would have noticed this problem for sure if it already would have been there..

cut the trace at pin2 of the ic (you can't see it on the picture since the wire is on top of the cut.. be carefull, since other traces are pretty close here. The other cut is made at pin3 of the pot. both cuts on the component side which you see on the fotos.
  • it's a problem with the global accent settings.. try global accent on every second step and place open hihats on every 4th step.
  • Same here, i already posted that problem earlier. The hihat decay is way too short. First thought was i damaged some parts...

I built the whole section from scratch again, at first it worked, but after the Nava was off for some days, the decay was short again. I swapped some transistors around and somehow it worked like it should but I don't know why. After several days off, the decay was short again.

Have to try firmware 1.017 if this will do smething...
  • no, that's not the same problem. the hihat decay is fine. The problem described here is related to the global accent. if you set step 1 for an open hihat and set step 3 as global accent the accent on step 3 will alter the hihats decay, if the decay setting is long enough.
  • ok...then i have no clue why the decay on my hats are too short...have to go on searching...
  • decoder303 wrote:BD fix...
    Works like a charm :)