Nava Schematic Errors [SOLVED ON V1.01]

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • :mrgreen:

the SD noise is not really a problem, i'm just curious if the transistor leg swap does anything to the sound, noise etc... since the transistor is acting as switch, not as an amp, could it maybe improve the sound noise ratio? i have no idea...

but the BD buzz is really bad, if i have the BD playing without a lot other stuff you can hear it...
  • I don't have any noticeable noise at the snare drum, it's the same as on the other channels around -75 to -80 db so pretty fine.. bassdrum buzz is around -55 db..
  • beeb wrote:
    Check Mate wrote: I'm sreiously getting sick of all the mistakes in the build guide/schematics/pcb!! Can we please get some clearance and the proper fixes for our problems??
    I also have the BUZZ on the BD as have so many here. Buliding the NAVA has cost quite some money and I think we can expect a bit of support here!
    I'm afraid I must agree, at least I got the mouser BOM after everything was fixed.
    I've just ordered my 2nd mouser kit :roll: based on the BOM being updated on "EDIT 8/15/16". I've been holding off since there are so many problems with the BOM, Build Guide and Schematics :roll:

This looks very helpful (By d-wreck) http://derek.trideja.com/nava/pages/nav ... endum.html & http://derek.trideja.com/nava/

I was thinking of putting all the mistakes and notes into one post? Discuss.

It's a case of working out what is a mistake in the BOM, Build Guide and Schematics or DIYer mistakes...

:)
    Last edited by hofmann25 on Oct 25th, '16, 03:50, edited 1 time in total.
  • im not going to attempt to build mine until there is more clarification. that or I sell my kit this looks like a headache currently but the working ones sound so good...

frustrating that elicktronic wont acknowledge some of these issues
  • xone wrote:im not going to attempt to build mine until there is more clarification. that or I sell my kit this looks like a headache currently but the working ones sound so good...

frustrating that e-licktronic wont acknowledge some of these issues
    Nava building guide was updated ;)

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • I changed the snares c163 to the new value mentioned 0.47 uf.
    Now the accent is all weird.
  • finally swapped legs of the 3 transistors and changed C163 to its right value, working fine

sounds a bit different now
  • Data Jam wrote:finally swapped legs of the 3 transistors and changed C163 to its right value, working fine

sounds a bit different now
    Sounds better? =)
  • just had to watch a video for the real 909 snare, and would say, with the swapped legs and right c163, it sounds like the 909, before the changes it sounded good, but not spot on.