Instr. selector selects wrong instruments?

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • For instance when select BD and program in sequencer it triggers LT / Same for AC that triggers SN??!
  • take off the knob. put the knob back on with the arrow pointing where it should be. done
  • Hi pistrix, i wish it was that simple :D This is a bit more serious.
  • still checked diodes beside the instrument selector switch?
    if the diodes be good then get the datashet from grayhill (http://www.grayhill.com/assets/1/7/mech_encoder_25l.pdf) and check your switch with a beeper.
    you have to check with the HEX code table! no need to solder out that switch!
  • i had a similar issue, fixed the same way as SubStyler suggests.. just check the logic table and it will be quite obvious then where in the circuit the problem is.. Can't remember what it was in my case, short or a cold joint on a diode or something...
    good luck
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • Hi rv0 and SubStyler, thanks for the info! I will into it.
  • SOLVED - cold joint was causing the problem due to the turning of the board a couple of times. Resoldered the reistor back and front of the PCB and it works fine now
  • rkzr wrote:SOLVED - cold joint was causing the problem due to the turning of the board a couple of times. Resoldered the reistor back and front of the PCB and it works fine now
    good job!