TUTO: How to get a Full Yocto v1.0 Kit

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • I am just populating the snare drum and find that the C60, C57 (6.8n, come as Panasonic film) caps seem to have a much too wide spacing. One is overlapping the IC U14. Am I lost somewhere? :geek:
  • Unfortunately, that happens a lot. Parts will get subbed in the BOM based on value, not size. There is nothing particular about the film caps so just find something that fits the spacing. I find a lot of the time that the parts that go out of stock are the 10% or 20% parts but if you look, the 5% and 2% will still be there. They are a bit more expensive but probably worth it
  • are the grayhill encoders the same as the ones used in the x0x ?
  • Yes, they are the same.
  • ok, thanks
  • Looking at the power section of the build guide the BOM currently contains lower voltage electrolytics than specified in the build guide. The 2200uF (C5, C7) and 680uF (C3) caps in the BOM are 25V instead of 35V as listed in the build guide. Also, for C16, C18, C20 I only find 100uF/6.3V caps, not 100/10 as specified in the guide.

Are these lower voltage limits safe? I don't want my power supply to blow up. :)

Edit:

25V caps previously discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=483&hilit=100uf+6.3v

6.3V caps discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=417&hilit=c40&start=30#p3468
  • Lead spacing of 667-EEU-FC1V221 (C11) is too wide (5mm, should be 3.5mm). Maybe use 667-EEU-FC1V221L ? They are not identical spec but at least from the same series. And the IO board is cut for 3.5mm lead spacing at C11.

I think 5mm will probably fit too but it won't sit flush on the board.
  • Like several other people I too managed to buy a 15V DC power supply. Vincent: Please update or remove the Mouser DC power supply link from the first post in this thread!

I found it hard to find a 15V AC power supply. The links at http://www.e-licktronic.com/en/content/ ... one-tr-808 are all for US power supplies. The Mouser link point to an obsolete part (553-WAU16-1000) for which I could not find an EU alternative on Mouser. I was not able to find a 15V AC power supply on Conrad.

For the record, I have now ordered http://www.elektronicawereld.nl/categor ... ma/details from a Dutch store. I hope it works.

My warning to others: don't believe the claim that the 15V AC adapter you need "is easily found at all distributors of electronic equipment." You will easily find a 15V DC adapter, which won't work. The 15V/16V AC you need is hard to find. And when you receive your adapter, use your DMM to check its output voltage.

Edit: I still have not received the AC transformer from 'elektronicawereld.nl', I don't recommend them. I got impatient and ordered from henri.de as suggested earlier, that worked out so I have a transformer now. Unfortunately I now killed my power board by shorting it during a test :( viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1023
  • Oh man, I just heard about these awesome kits! Since there's no stock left anymore can you guys give a hint when both Yocto and Nava will be available again? Don't want to miss out!! Thanks