[SOLVED] Weird issue with some step keys

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • Just realized that my PSU is 16VAC, not 15V. Any chance this would cause any issues? Seems weird since it all works well except these issues with the sequencer..
  • Just checked and these problems still persist even with no step keys installed at all in these positions. Does anyone know which parts on the sequencer section could cause spazzy behavior like this? I will take a little video in a bit to better describe the behavior. Anyway, its not an issue with the step key hardware itself.
  • Here is a video showing the issue

• I'd be looking around IC104 to start with. IC104 is the shift register that loads the button states of the step 9-16 keys to the MCP.

If you have installed the chip in sockets the easiest thing to is to swap IC100 and IC104. IC104 in the casing the issue the problem should move to the step 1-8 group of keys.

If you haven't socketed the chips order a new 74HC165 and replace IC104.

This is what I would do anyway.
  • Rowan wrote:I'd be looking around IC104 to start with. IC104 is the shift register that loads the button states of the step 9-16 keys to the MCP.

If you have installed the chip in sockets the easiest thing to is to swap IC100 and IC104. IC104 in the casing the issue the problem should move to the step 1-8 group of keys.

If you haven't socketed the chips order a new 74HC165 and replace IC104.

This is what I would do anyway.
    Swapped IC100 & 104 and the problem still persists :/ thanks for the start thouh!
  • Solved the problem by reflowing the associated caps. One of them was not making a good connection and messed up all 4 keys! Now working 100% beautifully!