Wire length?

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • I'm using 200mm wire for the Audio and Data connections and 300mm for the main power connection. The length is perfect, long enough to flip the main board over while the IO board remains in place.

I'm actually just using pre-made jumper cable for the audio/data connection. The type that you can get on eBay for pennies. They come in loads of different lengths, just search "DuPont Jumper" on eBay or Amazon and you'll find them.

I would also recommend using right angle headers on the IO board for all of the connectors that are on the edge, basically all the audio headers and the power heads. When the unit ends up in a case it will make it much easier to fit and place less strain on everything.
  • Thanks a lot for the info Rowan, I truly appreciate it.

Happy beats.
  • Hi Ya'll
    How broad are the wires you have used? I just bought 0,2 mm ones (diameter) but I seriously doubt it's thick enough !
    Thanks for enlighten me !
  • The wire I used was rated by gauge not mm- and it was 22 gauge.
  • The wire I used was rated by gauge not mm- and it was 22 gauge. I did measure the thickness and it was 1.57 mm, hope that helps.
  • Ok, mine are way too thin then .... thanks for your help !
  • Am I missing something? What connector ('J') goes to what connector? Can't find the info :oops:
  • Hello Hoffman, if you're speaking about where J-11,12, and 13 connect from the IO board to the main board I have your answer. J 11 connects to the jumper located in the snare drum section marked J-1, then J-12 on IO board connects to J-2 in the middle of the main board, I believe it's in the middle Tom section. Finally, J-13 connects to J-3 on the main board, again I believe it's in the Hi-Hat section. The others are obvious which I'm sure you've already figured that out. I hope this helps.

Good luck,
    Danny
  • Thanks Dude, that's helpful. Is this information anyhere or are people just guessing?

And what about the actual sequence/order of wires in each connection. Follow the numbers on the connection?

Thanks mate :)