All Yocto Mods

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.
  • I did the following, both sound excellent:

BassDrum Tuning -- replaced R165 (47k) with SPDT switch that selects between original value (47k) and a 100k potentiometer (audio/log preferably)

BassDrum Tuning Envelope -- replaced R166 (6.8k) with SPDT switch that selects between original value (6.8k) and a 5k potentiometer in series with a 2k resistor. (in combination with the tuning mod, this mod enables some nice extra-punchy bass drums!

The tuning especially is essential i think.
    Here's my ugly-but-effective wiring:
    http://imgur.com/a/eblHX
  • Hi,

I just tried to lower the decay of the cymbal cause i wanted it to be shorter. No rocket science here, I used a toggle that switch between original value of R93 (470k) to 47k, works pretty well. The minimum decay of the cymbal is nearly the same as the open hihat when set to minimum value now.
  • I just recovered a little text I did copy from somewhere on the web.
    clap reverb mod

replace r376 (47k) with 100k pot

This will vary the reverb between full and completely off.

C144 must have the correct polarity.. neg to gnd

you have to trim TM3 to get a handclap sound of your choice
  • conor wrote:I did the following, both sound excellent:

BassDrum Tuning -- replaced R165 (47k) with SPDT switch that selects between original value (47k) and a 100k potentiometer (audio/log preferably)

BassDrum Tuning Envelope -- replaced R166 (6.8k) with SPDT switch that selects between original value (6.8k) and a 5k potentiometer in series with a 2k resistor. (in combination with the tuning mod, this mod enables some nice extra-punchy bass drums!

The tuning especially is essential i think.
    Here's my ugly-but-effective wiring:
    http://imgur.com/a/eblHX
    Don't you get a shitload of hum now with all those wires?
  • biagio.massimo wrote:
    gihaume wrote:Still from the TR-8060 partslist:
    TOMS/CONGAS:

Reverb Level:
    LO - 100k Potentiometer for R232 (100k)
    MED - 100k Potentiometer for R261 (100k)
    LO - 100k Potentiometer for R288 (100k)

Decay:
    LO - 1ma Potentiometer + 470k in series for R230 (820k)
    MID - 1ma Potentiometer + 470k in series for R259 (820k)
    HI - 1ma Potentiometer + 470k in series for R286 (820k)
    The issue is that the decay mod sounds horrible on the conga, so a solution is using a pole and throw of the tom/conga selection switch to shortcut the mod when the conga is selected.
    in theory is a false problem because when the pot is set to minumum, the sound is the original conga, or no?
    the 1ma pot, you can post a link??
    and why sounds are terrible?
    you can post audio/video if u have?
    For the low tom, one could put a pot between C77 and the switch pole to increase the tom decay. This would leave the conga side alone. Take a look at the schematic, below.
    Of course, this will only enable one to lengthen the decay and not shorten it. Less work, but less functionality! This concept can be taken to the other tom drums - they all basically work the same.
  • If you are looking to mod your YOCTO v1, then check out the PCB I've developed, named Cocteau. It adds 34 pots and 24 switches to the front panel of your YOCTO. The details are here:
    https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=179813

^^...and, helectromagneticus, one of Cocteau's features is both shortened and lengthened decay of the Tom AND the Conga :)
  • Woah! 8-)
  • Cocteau looks great effegee!