Yocto PSU

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • I've the same problem. Before I bought by mistake a power supply with 15VDC output, because in this forum is indicates a link of Mouser site, which is not absolutely clear about the type of power supply sold. I contacted Mouser and they confirmed that the wall power supplies aren't available with output 15VAC. Eventually I bought this on amazon that should be fine: http://www.amazon.it/dp/B00IKLF9XO . I do not understand why not was removed the link to the power supplies for the site of Mouser.
  • You might have been able to remove a couple of diodes from your dc supply - making it an ac supply.
  • xlarge wrote:You might have been able to remove a couple of diodes from your dc supply - making it an ac supply.
    I thought about it, but the switching power supplies are in welded plastic. Should be sawing the body, hoping not break anything, remove the diode bridge, paste it. So i've decided to buy another one in the end...
    Thanks for the suggestion xlarge!
  • bmaximus wrote:
    xlarge wrote:You might have been able to remove a couple of diodes from your dc supply - making it an ac supply.
    I thought about it, but the switching power supplies are in welded plastic. Should be sawing the body, hoping not break anything, remove the diode bridge, paste it. So i've decided to buy another one in the end...
    Thanks for the suggestion xlarge!
    You are right.
    I was thinking about the old trafo-based psus. Don't go modding a potted switching psu :)