TUTO: How to get a Full Yocto v1.0 Kit

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Jojjelito wrote:
    Neurologik wrote:With the explanation Joselito fact then the trendiest way to use them in type TTHS clone of 2600 has indeed transistor coupled with resistance Tempco ....
    Then you say to the Yocto not worth it ........
    Good evening
    1: The TTSH ARP 2600 clone and the Yocto are two different beasts.
    2: The use of tempcos and matched transistors in the TTSH has to do with the exponential converters in its VCOs and for the VCFs. Those circuits are not the same as what you find in the Yocto or any other 808-type drum tone generator.
    3: Each circuit should be built with what's fitting for its purpose - it's a waste of time and money to put military spec components in each and every place of ordinary circuits.
    4: Feel free to experiment with a Yocto containing precision metal resistors and upgraded opamps - it will be a very nice machine, but it won't sound like an 808 which used so-so components in places due to cost reasons back in the day.
    Sorry I now read what I wrote and I saw that it could be misinterpreted! I have to use a translator, and often wrong ......
    In fact I asked if it was worth just to avoid wasting money if there is not .......
    When I made the XoBox 1 version all 5% resistors fact.
    Just because I know there are synths that benefit on expensive pieces while others do not and for that I'm aware if I had better get worse expensive pieces ...
    Thank you so much Jojjelito!
    For your explanation and excuse if reading my post seemed a little bit arrogant but now spelled more 'attention when I translate because it is easy after that is misinterpreting the answer !!! ;)
  • Haha, no worries! Not everyone is using English as their first or second language :D It usually works anyway.
  • This is also an interesting thread, ive been debating whether to use 5% or 1% (ive got a full kit, so have all the right 5% resistors anyway). Ive probably got most of them lying around in 1% anyway!

I would prefer a modern clean sound, where possible, but dont want to kill the character of the 808.

Maybe patrick's idea of using 5% everywhere but in the mixer would be the best idea.

Cheers
  • Greetings to everybody from Rome!
    Let me introduce myself, my name is Massimo, I am 47 years old and this is the most challenging DIY project I've ever attempted to realize.
    For now, the biggest difficulty is to have all components from Mouser. I've ordered the material more than two weeks ago and still i don't have all components. I've received from Mouser, dozens and dozens of emails, for various problems, both of payment (to pay by credit card, they claim sending a document by mail, not very safe in my opinion. I then chose the bank wire transfer, unfortunately much slower) frequent update, because there are several components in obsolescence, some that will avalaible only the next year, in particular the film capacitors of 39n, which have no alternative, and some electrolytics. I've replaced the TDK capacitors of 1uF 50V, 871-B41041A6105M, with Kemet 80-ESH105M050AC3AA.
    After all, I think this is the real nightmare We should find an alternative to Mouser...
    "short update: Mouser sent me an envelope with inside 25 wrong resistors of 10K, instead of 47K wrote on the label!"
    Ciao!
    Massimo
  • Go to your Mouser basket and check that you get 111 parts and Check out. You can add to your basket 15VAC 1000mA wall mount AC psu if you need one too.
    Warning! This link take to a list of power supplies with output in VDC. I have not checked the datasheet and now i have a 15 VDC output power supply, useless for the Yocto.
  • C16, C18, C20, C12 Are 100uF-10V

At the BOM 100uF-6.3V ? 6,3 are not enough?

Suggestion
    http://www.mouser.se/Nichicon/Passive-C ... 3tZ1z0yp7w

QTY: 8 but ony ned 4
  • Hi Odyssey, I've finished the project and remains me four of this capacitors. I hope they are not for spare in case of explosion! :)
    If the circuit works at the 5V DC, tolerance should be enough i think ...
    If you haven't yet ordered from Mouser, also check the non-polarized capacitors, some will come in multilayer ceramic, but in the original project were of the film type - polyester...
    viewtopic.php?f=16&t=483&hilit=100uf+6.3v
  • Tankyou bmaximus! :)
  • the 254 pots are the wrong size in the latest BOM, they need to be 6mm and are 3/8" now (too big, dont fit). I suppose you could put them on the controls side