[Sold] 1 new Yocto

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • For the first solution with spacers between step switches and pcb, it should be possible to cut a piece of perfboard (no strips of course) and put in between. I tried it and it fits well with 2.54 mm spacing perfboard. It might not look as good as those pieces of wood or plastic, but that wont be visible when PCB is mounted in enclosure. What do you think, good or bad idea?
  • Yeah great idea in my opinion ! Easier than the one of the ElSchtroumpf link where he has to drill the holes accurately in a press holding all the pieces together.
  • Since this thread has been completely hijacked, the perf board is indeed a very good solution, if it's not too thick. 1mm puts the buttons flush with the surface of the enclosure (mine or the acrylic one).

I made an EPS file for a guy who used a 3D printer to make custom plates with the exact dimensions, and I'll be sending this file to Formulor so they can check if it's possible to do it with their laser cutter on 1mm acrylic. It might be pricey but it'll look really neat!
  • Yes, my perfboards are probably thicker, about 1.5 mm. I was just about to build the sequencer step when I read this thread, so I've decided to wait until I get my enclosure and then try different approaches. Custom plates with 3D printer or laser cutter would be awesome, for sure the most elegant solution in my opinion! Perhaps this "mod" deserves a separate thread?

Sorry for hijacking, gihaume :) Your yocto is really a piece of art with those wooden sides!
  • buffo wrote:Sorry for hijacking, gihaume :) Your yocto is really a piece of art with those wooden sides!
    Thanks! It doesn't sell though..
  • :lol:

I guess everybody wants to make their own...
  • Update: price dropped to 850 euros

Available to be shipped from France for the EU buyer.
  • i would like to buy your yocto.
    but I live in japan. Can you ship it to Japan?
  • Hi I would like to buy a Yocto.
    What is the availability, pls PM me.