[SOLVED]No sound, No BD,CH

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • I probed my IC1 and there is no signal from pin 1,2,3,20 trig_cpu trig_out1 2 3.
    I checked the quartz i got the 16Mhz pseudo sine.
    On other pins I got some square/pulse waves.
    Could you help to to debug it ? Is it possible IC1 fried or bad programing ?
    Because the sequencer seems to work buttons too..
  • You might want to start by reflowing all your solder joints for IC1. Then get the datasheet for the Atmega and make sure VCC is correct, etc.

Also, if you look at the EAGLE files, you can see that IC5 controls the sound. If this has problems, there will be no sound. Check connections, etc.
  • This topic reminds me of my yocto, also completed but no sound. Haven't had time to debug
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • rv0 wrote:This topic reminds me of my yocto, also completed but no sound. Haven't had time to debug
    Still not working ? :(

I probed the trig from CPU and I got a pulse but it is very random it should be a regular pulse..
    And nothing comes out from accent section.
    I will try to reload firmware soon. Check every instruments, etc,.. :?
  • I re-scoped my Yocto I finaly found my trig signal as you can see here :
    http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?i ... wFile1.png
    I did a mistake with my oscilloscope the first time :oops:

I probed the trig signal it goes well Q27's base but nothing comes out from Q27's emiter Q27's colector is at 15V.
    Is it fried ? Maybe defective part ? I'll buy a new one.
  • Q27 was defective I put a new one now it is working !!! :D Except BD and CH I'll check this soon.
    Some others instruments sounds weird I'll check the tuning and noise lvl..
  • Good to see you made some progres and thank you for letting us know what the issues were!
    8-)
  • Hello !

I can hear every instruments now ! Q39 on BD was defective so I put a new one and it is working. Concerning CH, the Cable 4Pos was cut that's why I had no sound. Now I have to tune the instrument ^_^ and check components values on BD because I hear a kind of click instead of a real bass drum sound.