Shielding?

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Kekke466 wrote:Hello fellow DIY'ers,

I am about to buy a Yocto 808 and wondered if there is a way to get the enclosure in metal since I am a bit worried that it needs to be shielded properly.
    Any tips for shielding the acrylic enclosure? Perhaps put some self adhesive shield foil on the inside?
    The local laser-cutting place I got my enclosure built at does cut metal, you could probably get it made in metal. Probably more expensive though.
  • zmb wrote:
    Kekke466 wrote:Hello fellow DIY'ers,

I am about to buy a Yocto 808 and wondered if there is a way to get the enclosure in metal since I am a bit worried that it needs to be shielded properly.
    Any tips for shielding the acrylic enclosure? Perhaps put some self adhesive shield foil on the inside?
    The local laser-cutting place I got my enclosure built at does cut metal, you could probably get it made in metal. Probably more expensive though.

Where did you have yours build? I'm located in Belgium.
  • Kekke466 wrote:
    zmb wrote:
    Kekke466 wrote:Hello fellow DIY'ers,

Where did you have yours build? I'm located in Belgium.
    At a local shop in the city I live in Canada, I picked it up in person, I don't think it would be relevant for you unless you want to pay for international shipping!
  • you can glue some aluminum sheet inside the acryl enclosure (Roland did this in the Juno 106 as the bottom enclosure panel is wood)