S-TRIG

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Oh ! It's relieving, thank you so much for your investigation :)
  • Here is the update code with V_trig.
    Yocto20_Vtrig.rar (14.13 KiB)
    Downloaded 450 times
    Sorry for this huge mistake :oops:

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Thank you ! I tried to update my yocto but it didn't work :(

Here what I've done (5 times to be sure I was not doing mistake) :

- Turn off the yocto
    - Press 1, 3 and 5 and turn it on (leds have lighted twice)
    - On MIDI-OX : Action > Send > Sysex file... > Yocto20_Vtrig.syx
    - There was a loading bar on the Yocto (first led lighted up then the second one,... it stopped when the loading bar reached the 8th pad)
    - Leds lighted twice again

But I still have 5V on both trigs without lauching sequence (so still have S-Trig). Did I miss a step ? Thank you again for your time !
  • Did someone try to update his yocto ? Or am I the only one who wants to use trig outputs :mrgreen: ?
  • on midibox you need to add some delay between packets (750ms) of the sent sysex to achieve the update. it is the same on mutable instruments. maybe it is the same here ?
  • Hey Sal,
    I've been using the trigger outs and they seem to work correctly with an SH2. The envelope doesn't work 100% though - this could just be a bad decay fader on the sh2 - but it works fine triggered on other ways. I have been getting earth hum when connecting trigger out to another synth. Is your yocto noise and ground hum free?
  • I'm using the trigger successfully (without the update) on my Buchla -- I input the triggers into the 230e (in this case essentially a signal to trigger converter) and use the resulting trigger signals in the modular here and there.
  • Sal Mocco wrote:Thank you ! I tried to update my yocto but it didn't work :(

Here what I've done (5 times to be sure I was not doing mistake) :

- Turn off the yocto
    - Press 1, 3 and 5 and turn it on (leds have lighted twice)
    - On MIDI-OX : Action > Send > Sysex file... > Yocto20_Vtrig.syx
    - There was a loading bar on the Yocto (first led lighted up then the second one,... it stopped when the loading bar reached the 8th pad)
    - Leds lighted twice again

But I still have 5V on both trigs without lauching sequence (so still have S-Trig). Did I miss a step ? Thank you again for your time !
    You didn't miss anything and i don't understand why you still have S-trig instead of V-trig. The code work fine on ours Yocto why not on yours ?
    How did you check your Trig OUT? with a voltmeter you have to measure 0v on trig out

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Hi everyone !
    julienvoirin wrote:on midibox you need to add some delay between packets (750ms) of the sent sysex to achieve the update. it is the same on mutable instruments. maybe it is the same here ?
    How do you add delay ? I tried to check online but didn't find a way to do it with a sysex file :/
    discodisco wrote:I've been using the trigger outs and they seem to work correctly with an SH2.
    With or without doing the update ? Because if you have not done it, your SH-2 should indeed trig on the right step (5V->0V->5V) but hold the note all the way. So yes, if you put sustain to zero and with decay you will have what you want but it's not v-trig.
    e-licktronic wrote:You didn't miss anything and i don't understand why you still have S-trig instead of V-trig. The code work fine on ours Yocto why not on yours ?
    How did you check your Trig OUT? with a voltmeter you have to measure 0v on trig out
    Arg... I checked it by turning on my yocto and testing jacks connected to both trigger outputs. So yes, I should have 0V (testing with voltmeter) on both of them but I still have 5V... Is there a way to know if the update has succesfully been done ? To know if it's still a software issue or if it's a hardware mistake I've done on my Yocto.

Thank you all for your answers !