Some Cherry caps jammed in Erica Synth Nava Extra 9 case

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • flomo wrote:I just finished my Nava build. Everything is working fine, but some Cherry caps are stuck when pressed. Not sure if the caps are too big, or the case cutout too small. The switches are working fine, it's just a problem when inside the case. When I look at Nava videos on Youtube, there seems to be some space between the caps and the case. Not in my case (no pun intended :) ).

Is anyone else having these problems? How did you solve it?
    The space is indeed very little. You need to perfectly align the switches before soldering. Then they will fit. You will need to desolder the problematic switches again and move them slightly until they fit. It's a good thing to do this with the case installed. I never had a case from Erica Synths with too small cutouts in the last 3 years. I've built around 70 of them up to now. ;)
  • I've built around 70 of them up to now.
    Wow, that's quite a number :-D
    You will need to desolder the problematic switches again and move them slightly until they fit.
    Thanks. Well, desoldering it is, then. Still better than filing the case ;-)

Btw. is it normal, that the Track num switch doesn't light up when pressing? I've seen others in this forum write about it, but I'm still not sure if this is intended.
  • I had a few sticking as well. Was some flux residue on the caps -Cleaned the caps with isopropyl and all’s well.
  • On some of mine, the caps touched the switch and jammed, when pressed down fully. So what I did was inserting some pre-cut pieces of plastic (from a blister package) into the shaft of the caps, so that they don't go all the way down when being fully pressed. In short, I increased the distance between the cap and the switch. Now they are moving really smooth.