Unoffical Firmware Available

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • rv0 wrote: - Sysex dump has been part of the firmware since Version 1.1a, 1st of March 2019, see manual
    - Roll resolutions require a bigger rewrite, which is work in progress in my repo unless someone manages to hack it sooner into the current firmware
    Thanks for the update.
    If you need some beta-testing on the roll resolutions, just hit me with a PM :-)
    F.
  • A little gift:

As my friend wants to sequence his TR-9090 rack from the Yocto, I adapted the current firmware to send MIDI out.
    The latest "unofficial firmware" release (Version 1.2c from github) was used for this.

You can download the adapted version here: yocto_firmwareware_1_2_c_TR9090.syx
    Midi out used standard midi drum mapping on channel 10. Except the last 4 (T1..3, NC), these are mapped to respectively channels 1234 for Volca Sample.
    Roll is supported as well.

As for my other work involving the Yocto firmware: no news yet, been on hold for quite a while now.
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • Hi all,
    I've recently discovered the unofficial software thread, and I'm eager to use the extra features such as tap write etc..
    My Yocto is still running the software that was already loaded onto the chip when I built the kit up in 2016.
    Unfortunately, I've had no success updating my Yocto via sysex. I've tried different interfaces, MAC, PC, Different sysex programs, many different settings but the Yocto will not simply not receive the update. The unit clocks OK via midi so I think the opto isolator etc is OK.
    So is there anybody out there that can program an ATmega1284P with the latest unofficial software and offer it for sale to me?
    regards
    A
  • Hi ppl!
    I got the latest unofficial firmware installed and now I found some "bug" or at least, some annoyance (to me). The thing is, the Yocto loses the status of the muted instruments when switching between "Edit" and "DinSync" mode (at least when it is not running).
    Is there any way to fix this behavior? It is an annoyance to me, because I stop the Yocto and usually I am in "Edit" mode... then to have it start again, I need to go back to "DinSync" mode - and at this moment the mutes are cleared...

Thanks for your help!
    F.
  • Hi,

Any thoughts on Yocto2 unofficial firmware? My Yocto2 has some functional issues that limit my ability to properly work with it in production manner.
  • FlavioB wrote:Hi ppl!
    I got the latest unofficial firmware installed and now I found some "bug" or at least, some annoyance (to me). The thing is, the Yocto loses the status of the muted instruments when switching between "Edit" and "DinSync" mode (at least when it is not running).
    Is there any way to fix this behavior? It is an annoyance to me, because I stop the Yocto and usually I am in "Edit" mode... then to have it start again, I need to go back to "DinSync" mode - and at this moment the mutes are cleared...

Thanks for your help!
    F.
    I see that you filed an issue for this on the GitHub - thanks! That said, I don't see myself working on this firmware anytime soon. I'm pretty deep in other projects at the moment. Hopefully another developer will jump in and take care of this for you! I know rv0 was working on the firmware as well, but it has been a long time since he's made a commit...
  • i'm aware of this bug

easy to not have it though: keep the sequencer running :D

Although a simple 1 line fix probably, don't have any plans to fix it, I probably wont and focus on the rewrite I've been working on (and hopefully will continue later this year)
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • rv0 wrote:i'm aware of this bug

easy to not have it though: keep the sequencer running :D
    :roll:
    Although a simple 1 line fix probably, don't have any plans to fix it, I probably wont and focus on the rewrite I've been working on (and hopefully will continue later this year)
    I hope the code rewrite will have this bug fixed, so you don't need to focus on it as such.
    F.
  • rv0 wrote: Although a simple 1 line fix probably, don't have any plans to fix it, I probably wont and focus on the rewrite I've been working on (and hopefully will continue later this year)
    Hi rv0 - any news about code rewrite and eventual bug fixes and/or improvements?
    F.