Voice Caps on v1.02 of Nava Board differ from MuxSH Tutorial

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • These parts are ommited on v1.02. You don't need to remove anything. ;)
  • Thanks for the quick response. I don't have to remove anything you say? The only problem is all the voices but the Hi hats stop producing sound once the Mux SH mod is installed. We had to pull the mod out, and all the voices worked again. We thought skipping step 2 (removing C517, C518, C519, C89 (BD), C163 (SD), C164 (LT), C165 (MT), C166 (HT), C167 (RS), C168 (HC)) is why this is happening. The technician tested his work and has decades of experiences so I doubt its his soldering. We used the exact parts Vincent linked through email. He believes the voices (except Hihats) stop producing sound because BD, SD, LT, MT, HT, RS, HC need a capacitor removed each. Except the BD which needs 4 removed according to the instructions. Maybe he is wrong, but he is basing that off VIncent's instruction. Is there anything else to remove possibly? I truly appreciate you taking the time since we are lost. Thank you kindly!
  • Basically the instructions were made at the time when v1.02 was new. Removing the caps is for pre v1.02 boards. There also was a firmware update needed but logically as the v1.02 is designed to work with the mux boards, you need the new firmware, so it should have been shipped accordingly... but maybe it hasn't... so did you update it ?
  • Yes! I have actually had update v 1.028 installed for months. Worked perfect before the Mux Accent Mod, but obviously not when we put the mod in unfortunately. Vincent too just confirmed for me that Step 2 can be skipped on my v1.02 version of the board. Which really leaves me scratching my head. The only problem I can think of on our end, is that there was trace damage on IC111 and IC114. However the technician spent 2 hours repairing these trace connections before installing the mux sh mod. His solder work is near perfect and tested. What else could we possibly do you think? Thank you :)
  • I don't know... IC orientation, cable pins inverted...? You're not the first in this case. It seems to me that the other rebuilt some new mux boards. I never had any problem with them.

Klang pretends having built dozens of Nava and I think he never said that there were defect mux boards.
  • Okay that at least narrows it down to something in the mod kit rather than it being removing capacitors. Thank you for clarifying that for me!
    I hate to trouble you, but is there a chance there's a thread/forum started regarding this very issue? I tried looking but get lost since I am very new here.
    Any other references would be greatly appreciated and could massively help me solving this issue with the mux mod. Thank you again for your answer :)
  • docizabiza wrote:is there a chance there's a thread/forum started regarding this very issue? I tried looking but get lost since I am very new here.
    The very thread you quoted in your original post.

Otherwise if you want to make the mux boards again you can try those: Alternative (lite) mux_sh board

or those (but get very expensive): Muxboard V2 TH