Intermittent Hi Tom

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Dear vco2lfo,
    lfo2vco wrote:Where should I put my Multimeter to check the trigger?
    It will be hard with a multimeter to check trig signal, better with a scope at Q57 emitter.
    lfo2vco wrote:What components could be the culprits and can I check them prior to replacement?
    I think the slide switch is the problem. Have a look on slide switch solder

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • e-licktronic wrote:
    lfo2vco wrote:Where should I put my Multimeter to check the trigger?
    It will be hard with a multimeter to check trig signal, better with a scope at Q57 emitter.
    OK, I don’t want to muck anything up and as I’m an electronics novice I wish to check exactly what I am doing... :shock:

So I will connect the red lead of my sound card scope to the emitter of Q57, and the black lead to the base of Q57. Then I will play a High Tom pattern and record the resulting output to the scope.
    Looking at Q57 from above with the flat side facing away from me the legs are E C B, is that correct?

Thanks again for your assistance. :)

P.S. Oddly the High Tom has come back, so I will have to wait till it goes again before I can test anyway!!
    Last edited by lfo2vco on Apr 17th, '14, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
  • Dear Lfo2vco,
    lfo2vco wrote:So I will connect the red lead of my sound card scope to the emitter of Q57, and the black lead to the base of Q57. Then I will play a High Tom pattern and record the resulting output to the scope.
    Red to Q57 emitter, black to GROUND.

Here is the correct pin number of 2sa733:

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic