Bugs and suggestions

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • It's is mentioned flam with 027. But how to program flam? I can find no explanation for this. :?
  • Dr.Knob wrote:It's is mentioned flam with 027. But how to program flam? I can find no explanation for this. :?
    Select the snares flam by holding instrument select and steps 3+4.
  • Ah, oh it does not work, but i just saw that there are 2 versions of 027, one with flam and the other without. I probably had to load the one without. :lol:
  • EDIT: Can't reproduce the bug.
  • Okay v1.028 issues here:

SLV mode

1. tempo no longer displayed on OLED when pressing and holding tempo button.
    2. (shift + num) gives you a 'rastering' OLED screen. The lines appear to crawl?
  • 1: It‘s been like that in all previous versions, showing that your nava is detached from the internal clock (in slave mode)

2. Good catch, the display is constantly updating with that button combination. I‘ll fix it in the next major update, as it‘s only a small cosmetic bug. It doesn‘t impair performance ;)
  • Hi, I don't know if this is a bug really or if this would be also the case with a real 909. When I have my Nava (V1.028) externally synced (to a Innerclock Sync Lock) it is perfectly in Sync with the Metronome in Ableton. As soon as I change the Swing Parameter, it slightly gets out of Sync to the Metronome. Stopping and starting again heals it, means then the Nava is perfectly in Sync again.

Can you reproduce this behaviour on your machines?

Thanks in advance!
  • Mh, on some occasions i could get it to jump one 1/16 note, but not to a slight offset as you describe it. But i noticed that the shuffle is completely off, only half as strong as it should be and in slave mode there‘s only one working shuffle variation (0-4 off, 5-7 on).
    I‘m sorry that i didn‘t notice this earlier, but i‘m going to rewrite the shuffle function and match it to a real 909 ;)

It may however take a few weeks. If anyone needs an earlier fix for some reason, i can ask vincent to upload a quick and dirty patch that i‘m already running on my nava. (But right now it only works in the regular 16th note scale).
  • Hi zabox, that's good to hear, and yes, a qick and dirty patch would be great, thank you for your help!

Best regards,
    Peter