Handclap not sounding [SOLVED]

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • has anyone checked their handclap while building? is the behavior I am experiencing normal? or is something wrong and I need to explore?

Any help appreciated!
  • Hi Misa,

I remembered someone else having problems with their Handclap, in the thread Vincent commented:
    e-licktronic wrote:
    It seems that you need to calibrate the Cowbell. For the Clap.
    The thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=146&start=20

The trimmer on the Handclap only needs very minute adjustment and is a bit fiddly to get right. Perhaps you should skip this section and carry on with the other instruments then check back once your Cymbal and Cowbell are installed. It seems the Schmitt Trigger in the CY/CB section affects a few other voices.

It seems you are taking your time and checking your build carefully as you go. I wish you success.
  • Thanks for the answer. I will try the solution and resolder (in fact I did, maybe I need a magnifying glass to make sure), and go on building. will try again after the cowbell..
  • Dear Misa,

Did you solve your Clap and Cowbell problem?

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Hi Vincent --

not yet, but it looks like your assumption that my transistors are broken is correct -- two of the four didn't check out using my multimeter.

I have new parts on the way, will get back to you after I received and put them in...

Thanks!
  • misa wrote:I have new parts on the way, will get back to you after I received and put them in...
    Waiting for your back ;)

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic