Yocto successfully completed build thread

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • A big thank you to e-licktronic! Awsome kit, I have learnt allot.
    (Please publish the code if you haven't already, to help me understand further)
    It's good to hear that your Yocto working fine :D :D
    We're cleaning the code then we will publish it.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • I am here with you. It took me exactly four weeks from arrival to the last soldering, then another week to order and wait for replacement transistors, I guess I smoldered two of them while soldering. Other than that I was patient and orderly and managed to only get my first run of 0.47/ confused with some 47/16 because I wasn't expecting them to be in the same bag..;-)

There is one thing I need to fix -- the instrument selector is a bit off -- almost an entire instrument, I guess I need to turn the rotary a bit clockwise to make them align better.

But it's a great instrument! I learned a lot and was enjoying the build.

Misa
  • Completed today, perfect thing to do when slightly hungover! Also about 4 weeks. Sure was alot of work but fun to do. First big project... I think i need to tune the clap and cymbal a bit further and the rimshot is alot lower in volume. Not such a problem as i'll put everything on seperate channels in the mixer anyhow. Very happy with the Yocto! 8-)
  • Here it is...

Many thanks to Vincent and all at e-licktronic for a fantastic kit.

and because it’s a shame to hide all the hard work :P
  • That's beautiful!!!

The red cloth does it justice, too!
  • Dear Lfo2vco,

So beautiful case. :o :o
    How do you made it?

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • e-licktronic wrote:Dear Lfo2vco,

So beautiful case. :o :o
    How do you made it?

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Many thanks for the compliment guys :P

If anyone fancies copying this case PM me and I will get the files together and put them in a thread.

But in short... laser cut 1.5mm High Impact Polystyrene sheets laminated together with Acrylic Weld Adhesive for the top, bottom, sides and end panels. Schaeffer Aluminium Profiles to hold all the panels together. Laser printed graphics, satin laminated and then adhesive backed with Xyron attached to the panel faces. A fair dose of Satin Black spray paint here and there.
    Last edited by lfo2vco on Apr 10th, '14, 07:17, edited 1 time in total.
  • hey lfo2vco

Is it just a trick of the lights? Your red buttons of the sequencer seem to be lower than the right hand side white ones?

This is the case with my machine (in the Formulor case) and I can't figure out why. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong but it looks like your machine does it the same way?
  • misa wrote:Is it just a trick of the lights? Your red buttons of the sequencer seem to be lower than the right hand side white ones?
    Hey Misa, my buttons are all good and level. :D
    Seeing as the spacers are all the same height and assuming that you nave used the ones supplied, with no additional washers etc. I would suggest yo look at how the LEDs fit into their holes, these are vey snug and could push the board down if not well aligned. A light rub with model makers small round file can help if the holes are too tight.