Official Nava BUGS list

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • what do you mean.
    Is the MUX working with your board or not?

I know how to solder, got oscilloscope etc...
    I definetly can make the switch, and I definetly can find all the bugs , if there are any, but the thing I better not want to open is switch the MUX and afterwards I have to dig around with the ioscilloscope to find all the timing and level issues, which havent been there before, this will cost me about 2 hours of work, I simply dont want to spent :)

So if there are still Bugs, expecially software bugs with the new MUX board I wont do the switch.

On the other hand if software is working fine, especially the MIDI slave switch patterns (which currently is a pain, since if you press a button a little bit too long your acutal pattern will stop or lag ) I will go for it.

Thanks a lot.
  • On one Nava works ok, on others not. Thats all. I think it might be fw related, but I dont have source code for checking that. If i switch mux brds between Navas nothing are changed. The one is working still, but two others not. Ive replaced caps, Dac and tl072 - no effects.
  • @mex: i'm not aware of any issues with the latest firmware (exept a slow midi expander, but that's about to change in the next week or two ;) ).
    Have a look at this thread, it contains all the relevant information and a timing/level analysis.
    I still think that lukep_gdansk has a hardware issue, since he also has a working nava.. I'm in contact with him to sort out the issue.

@lukep_gdansk: you could also swap the the atmega and eeprom
  • MUX boards for the win. Except for my early bad workmanship they work perfectly. Teamed with the Zabox FW the Nava is great - no timing issues and better accent response! I've built 8 v1.2 with no issues and converted 2 older boards with MUX and all works fine. + FLAM is finally here.
  • ok i feel convinced :)

will give it a try soon.
    Thanks for your responses.
  • zabox - Ive swapped MCU and eeprom with no succes :(

OK, finally. It was bad 470R resistor. One Nava more fully working :-)
    Thank you zabox a lot!
  • Did anyone figure out what was causing the VOLUME FADING with midi? I seem to have the same problem here. On midi trigger the volume of all instruments fade to inaudible. All but the LT and HC. If I press a key in tap mode during a midi sequence the volume of all instruments normalize, but immediately begin to fade with each incoming midi trigger.

I thought that if it was a midi off message issue, I could use my Midi event processor to do some filtering. So I tried various versions of midi mapping and filtering with an event processor to no effect.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Emojinized on Dec 8th, '18, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.
  • Are you running the latest firmware?
    You shouldn't be able to use tap mode an midi play at the same time in v1.028..
  • zabox wrote:Are you running the latest firmware?
    You shouldn't be able to use tap mode an midi play at the same time in v1.028..
    No, I am running 1.024

I do have the new firmware, and I see the fixes list. I am having some difficulty getting it to take though. Once the firmware upload is complete it flashes twice but remains on 1.024.

I have tried to load 1.028 several times with various tools, and settings without success. I am assuming this might be an issue with the bootloader, which may be above my pay grade. Is there a way to drop in a pre-loaded chip? Or will anyone make me one for a cost?

I would love to get the 909 working with midi.

Update: I did more testing on this Nava and have found many other bugs. In Tap mode some full velocity sounds go lower when a random lower velocity trigger is pressed, and then they stay low until a random higher velocity trigger is pressed. I also notice erratic button freezes, and little square 0s instead of data on the display, usually when things are acting froze up. Plus it will not update, so it is stuck in FUBAR mode.

Looks like the guy who built this unit FUBARed it... I am not sure what to do next.