CV Inputs?

• I added CV input for some of the pots on mine using NSL-32 vactrols. I suppose you could add it for all of them, but I'm not sure how practical or useful it would be. I did some experimentation and picked the 9 that gave me the best results. I have 3 CV inputs on the back, each of which has a switch used to select which pot the CV goes to. The CV goes through an attenuvertor with offset voltage, similar to the one at this link: https://www.stereoping.com/eurorack-diy ... r/?lang=en. The voltage then goes through the LED of the vactrol, and the resistor legs of the vactrol are connected to 2 of the lugs of a given pot, depending on what type of action I was trying to achieve. I found the attenuvertor with offset voltage to be quite important to scale or "tune" the CV to give the best response with the vactrol.
    3 of my 9 vactrols are used to control bassdrum pitch, low tom pitch, and PC2 pitch. I wired up a MIDImplant module which is fed from the Yocto's MIDI out, and I normalled the CV output of the MIDImplant to the CV input that goes to those 3 pitch control vactrols. That way I can use the MIDI track to create a rough sequence for one of those 3 (it's quite crude though, too tricky to get anything close to V/oct). Similarly, I normalled the Trig-1 output to another of the CV inputs, and I use that to choke the decay of the cymbal, open-hat, or PC2 by having vactrols tied to those respective decay pots.
    I hope that gives you some ideas!
  • Many thanks! Why did you use vactrols? For some voltage limiting?