Soldering done, nearly there, slight sequencer issue

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Yeah... sequencer issues are always weird and pretty unknown. That's very likely that none can help you with the behavior described. Just check solder points, shorts and/or forgot parts again and again.
  • Hey man

Thanks for info.

Yeah once you enter the digital domain electronics gets a lot more complicated!

I did however get it fixed. I found on the schematic that all the things that didn’t work (start/stop, mute, roll, scale) were all controlled by IC7.

I swapped the IC but no difference so I did a continuity test and found one of the IC socket legs was broken.

Fixed that and it all works!

Well almost.

I notice the start/stop button double presses a lot.

Anyone else experienced this?

Any ideas.
  • What do you mean by double pressing? It has bounce?
    Put a capacitor <1000pF to ground over the contacts.

I had an encoder doing that on the Nava, the caps solved it. See my post here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1005
  • Yes the start/stop is bouncing.

Do you have a photo of your nava with the cap fix installed?

Which is the 4 contacts in the button do I put the cap across?

Once that’s sorted I’m done!!!
  • Hi,

Switch S17 has only 2 of its 4 pins connected. Looking at the schematics I see the shift register is normally held low to ground. Pushing the switch makes it high.
    Just bridge the contacts 1 and 3 with a ceramic or film capacitor <1nF.
  • ** Bump **

Curious to know if it worked out for you?
  • Hey man

Sorry for he late reply.

I decided to leave it a few days as I didn’t want to open it up again.

It now seems fixed without me doing anything.

It’s weird, for the first few days every time i pressed start it doubled or triple pressed and now it works perfectly ever time.

I guess it just needed a few presses to iron itself out???

Thanks for the advice thought.
  • Thank you for advice. I also faced same slight sequencer issue while soldering.