Expander doesn't trigger = ( [SOLVED]

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Are you using the official Yocto firmware or the more recent unofficial firmware? Forum user jvq made some enhancements to the expander mode that are available in the unofficial firmware - these may help you with your problem.
  • I change between the official firmware C and the unofficial E.
    Both have the same results on the exoandermode.
  • Does MIDI slave mode work? Is your Yocto sending MIDI clock and stuff out?

I'm asking these questions to determine if the MIDI port is the problem, or if something else is wrong. It's unlikely that there is a software problem, since others are using the firmware versions you listed (unofficial version F is available, by the way!).
  • I have changed the 16MHz crystal. And now the Midi/Slave works well with the Firmware E too.

The midithrue also works - but was also works without the working midi/slave.

The expander doesn't work, but it also doesn't work with older firmwares. But since the criystal is changed, the LED (mute) is only blinking for one time each incoming signal.

Now i have changed all ic's in the digital section and tested the cpu in one of my working yoctos.
    But there was nothing damaged.
  • I'm sure, it isn't a problem with the Software. Because i have one yocto also with "E" and it works great.

But the last two i was buildet have the same problem and I can't find it :(
  • BD
    ic U12 pin 2 and 3 got the trigger signal if i trigger it with my midi keyboard.
    pin7 shows me a nice bd wave

ACCENT

ic6 shows also the right signals on all pins in use with the midikeyboard.

all of the tests are synchron with my complete working yocto.

i dont understand, how it could be. all funktions working well and sounds great. only the damn expander don´t let me hear the instruments :/
  • Fixed!!!!

The problem was a wrong resistor on r112.

I placed a 33k and a 3,3k should be. ;)

Thx! ;)