Official Yocto² Firmware

• Strangledheroe wrote:Hi there!

I own a Yocto 2 already built by somebody else. I don't have clear information regarding the firmware update procedure. Can anybody guide me through all the necessary steps?

Cheers
    The Nava update procedure (hold switches 1,3,5 when powering up) doesn't work with the Yocto 2 for whatever reason. I ended up buying this EEPROM programmer:

https://www.amazon.de/WINGONEER-TL866II ... 866ii+plus
  • KlangGenerator wrote:
    Strangledheroe wrote:Hi there!

I own a Yocto 2 already built by somebody else. I don't have clear information regarding the firmware update procedure. Can anybody guide me through all the necessary steps?

Cheers
    The Nava update procedure (hold switches 1,3,5 when powering up) doesn't work with the Yocto 2 for whatever reason. I ended up buying this EEPROM programmer:

https://www.amazon.de/WINGONEER-TL866II ... 866ii+plus
    Yocto V2 is different with Nava V1 Update. For Yocto is the (hold switches 1,3,5 when powering up) not necessary.
    This will be done by the first switch on !!!

For the one who use the TL866 programmer is here a hint for the updates with .hex files.

Yocto V2.03 Config : Fuse Low Byte: 0xD6 -- Fuse High Byte: 0xDC -- Extended Fuse Byte: 0xFD -- Lock Bit Byte: 0xFF
    Nava V1.027 Config : Fuse Low Byte: 0xD6 -- Fuse High Byte: 0xDC -- Extended Fuse Byte: 0xFD -- Lock Bit Byte: 0xCF

Cheers JvR
  • Hi!

I am trying to program my chip using the "TL866II Plus" and the software "Xgpro" with the HEX file and it is just not working.
    It is a brand new chip since I broke the original one that came with the kit.
    Here is the way I setup:

IC: ATMEGA 1284P

Fuse Low Byte: SUT1=0, CKSEL3=0, CHSEL0=0 -> 0xD6
    Fuse High Byte: SPIEN=0, BOOTSZ0=0, BOOTRST=0 -> 0xDC
    Extended Fuse Byte: BODLEVEL1=0 -> 0xFD
    Lock Bit Byte: (nothing) -> 0xFF

Calibration program: Code Memory ? (I tried disable and data memory but nothing works)
    Calibration byte: 0x00
    Calibration address: 0x0000000

So, I basically already tried to open the HEX file on three ways:
    1) To Region: Default and Code Memory (don't know what to select here)
    2) Clear Buffer:With default (don't know what to select here either)

Also, when I press "Program chip" I have no idea what to select, so, I tried:
    1) All (Code, Data, Fuse and Lock bits)
    2) Just code

Please help! My Yocto just boots with all lights on and that is it... :(
  • bsas wrote:Hi!

I am trying to program my chip using the "TL866II Plus" and the software "Xgpro" with the HEX file and it is just not working.
    It is a brand new chip since I broke the original one that came with the kit.
    Here is the way I setup:

IC: ATMEGA 1284P

Fuse Low Byte: SUT1=0, CKSEL3=0, CHSEL0=0 -> 0xD6
    Fuse High Byte: SPIEN=0, BOOTSZ0=0, BOOTRST=0 -> 0xDC
    Extended Fuse Byte: BODLEVEL1=0 -> 0xFD
    Lock Bit Byte: (nothing) -> 0xFF

Calibration program: Code Memory ? (I tried disable and data memory but nothing works)
    Calibration byte: 0x00
    Calibration address: 0x0000000

So, I basically already tried to open the HEX file on three ways:
    1) To Region: Default and Code Memory (don't know what to select here)
    2) Clear Buffer:With default (don't know what to select here either)

Also, when I press "Program chip" I have no idea what to select, so, I tried:
    1) All (Code, Data, Fuse and Lock bits)
    2) Just code

Please help! My Yocto just boots with all lights on and that is it... :(
    I am using the same programmer. Here is a screenshot with my settings. Hope this helps... ;)

• JvR wrote:
    Yocto V2 is different with Nava V1 Update. For Yocto is the (hold switches 1,3,5 when powering up) not necessary.
    The problem is, that for some reason the initialization process on first startup does not work properly in a lot of cases. For example, the data encoder is not working. The only fixture is to reprogram the eeprom. And this is only possible with a programmer, which is kind of a bummer. Also future firmware updates (if they ever happen) aren't as easy as with the Nava.
  • KlangGenerator wrote:
    I am using the same programmer. Here is a screenshot with my settings. Hope this helps... ;)

That worked perfectly, thanks! :D
  • KlangGenerator wrote:
    JvR wrote:
    The problem is, that for some reason the initialization process on first startup does not work properly in a lot of cases. For example, the data encoder is not working. The only fixture is to reprogram the eeprom. And this is only possible with a programmer, which is kind of a bummer. Also future firmware updates (if they ever happen) aren't as easy as with the Nava.
    Yes, that is a big bummer since it is so much better to do software upgrade using sysex and MIDI... well :(
  • Hey guys! New builder here and it's come together without much fuss. But I've got the encoder problem and MIDI cables, so I'd love to use sysex to reload. I've got an Arduino kicking around somewhere but I'd rather do it this way if possible.

Is there a way to put the AVMega into bootloader mode using jumpers on the board? I see that there's a "RESET" tag on J7. Pin 9 is also tagged as RESET. Is this unrelated?
  • I ended up reflashing using an Arduino - it wasn't very difficult but you do need to use the old 1.0.6 IDE instead of a newer one.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=436