Master Volume Knob Changes produces cracklings/noise

• Hi Ingo, did you (or anyone) manage to fix the problem? I just built the machine and Master Vol behaves the same as you described. I wonder maybe it is the design itself since the pot works as it should, except this problem with crackling. Would be interesting to hear from you and/or other users.
  • svks wrote:Hi Ingo, did you (or anyone) manage to fix the problem? I just built the machine and Master Vol behaves the same as you described. I wonder maybe it is the design itself since the pot works as it should, except this problem with crackling. Would be interesting to hear from you and/or other users.
    The quality of the 2 Gang volume pots coming with the kit is not very good. I recommend buying one of these instead:
    https://www.mouser.de/ProductDetail/alp ... cycode=EUR
    The shaft is a bit short but you can push a bit of shrink tube inside the knob to prevent it from touching the case. The quality of these pots is much better and there will be no more wobbling or crackling. ;)
    Last edited by KlangGenerator on May 10th, '20, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
  • So there is a reason to change the pot after all. Thanks a lot KlangGenerator, will try the one you suggested.