Replacement parts for Yocto V1 & V2

• Emojinized wrote:Hello,

I have both a Yocto V1 and V2. I received both with issues, which is expected with DIY builds.

V1 - I tracked down a noise issue to what I believe is just a bad potentiometer at the Snare Tone location. At first, there was no response but then after working it back and forth for a while I could use it and the noise was gone. After a while, the noise creeps in again usually with some echo-like pops.

V1- Just need a part number for the replacement Snare Tone potentiometer. And any other suggestions/ Transistors, or other parts I should replace.

V2 - I tracked down a buzzing/ humming sound on the main output to an incorrectly shielded type cable and grounding method between the mainboard and the I/O board. There is also some crackling on the main volume potentiometer.

At first, I disabled the PC-2 circuit because it had terrible cross-talk along with the buzz and hum, but now I think that the majority of it is just noise from the main out I/O jumper cable.

I also pulled the Data encoder which was skipping values by 3-5 steps while turning.

V2- Would like part number for a replacement data encoder.

I would also like more info on proper cable assembly for the main audio out cable. On my V1 there is only one shielded cable for the mono output with 1 Red and 1 White connected only on either side. Sounds pretty clean. On my V2 there are 2 shielded cables with 1 Red, 1 White and 1 black, all wires are connected on both sides. (Which I think is causing ground loop buzzing as well as picking up interference.

Anything is helpful. Thank you.
    Check this thread regarding the data encoder:

http://e-licktronic.com/forum/viewtopic ... imsy#p9264

I am very sure your data encoder is not faulty. They all do this without the 1n caps.
  • KlangGenerator wrote:
    Check this thread regarding the data encoder:

http://e-licktronic.com/forum/viewtopic ... imsy#p9264

I am very sure your data encoder is not faulty. They all do this without the 1n caps.
    Thank you for this info, very useful. I will try the non-detent encoder first, and add the caps if needed. I ordered the PEC16-4020F-S0024 recommended here:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1708

Thank you. I found everything I was looking for. This can be closed out.