SOLVED/Mod - PC-2 Decay range

• Today I spent some time working on this and trying to get a better range with the pot with no success except finding that increasing C7 extends the decay - without effecting the range of the pot. I went with 10uf for now, its extra long but still snappy at fccw, still with a short range its not great.

Next I found a copy of the Boss service manual to confirm that the decay parts we have in the Yocoto are correct and I noticed 2 resistors are different R9 & R10 both 47k in the Yocoto where the Boss schem shows 4.7K (R14) & 4.7M (R16) both part of the decay circuit.

Tomorrow I will try these resistors and see if it effects the range.

can anyone confirm that they have a good working decay range? The one I'm working on is at its max by 11 O'clock and has nothing change after all the way cw.
  • Change R9 to 47k and R10 to 820K. Keep C7 as 2.2uF. It became a bit of a play off between trig interference from the other instruments so I lowered R10 from 1.5M to 820k which gives a good pot range, minimal interference with a nice snappy decay through to extra long.
  • serum114 wrote:Change R9 to 47k and R10 to 820K. Keep C7 as 2.2uF. It became a bit of a play off between trig interference from the other instruments so I lowered R10 from 1.5M to 820k which gives a good pot range, minimal interference with a nice snappy decay through to extra long.
    Thanks for sharing! :)
  • No problem. I couldn't bring myself to pass it on to its owner without working the issue out.
  • This is an awesome mod. Thank you!