YOCTO² enclosures - official thread

• Hi effegee - thanks for your reply. So will Kacper offer at least 3 enclosures for the mods? Like one only for REMORA, the other only for CV-mod, then another one for both of them?
    F.
  • FlavioB wrote:Hi effegee - thanks for your reply. So will Kacper offer at least 3 enclosures for the mods? Like one only for REMORA, the other only for CV-mod, then another one for both of them?
    F.
    I cannot speak for Kacper, but I imagine it will be based on what people want. The last I heard, people on the Cocteau list only want both Remora AND CV, not one or the other.
  • effegee wrote: I cannot speak for Kacper, but I imagine it will be based on what people want. The last I heard, people on the Cocteau list only want both Remora AND CV, not one or the other.
    I'm voting for this version as well! ;-)
    F.
  • Hi! I'm planning to add Remora and CV to enclosures but i'm thinking how to make it. I can't offer more than 3 versions of enclosure because then will be problems with production.
  • Thanks Kacsper for your diligence and hard work in this matter. My 808's thank you as well!
  • Just an idea for the case with labeled mods - would it be possible to embolden the marker at the point the original sound should occur?

I've noticed with some mods I've done in the past it's really easy to get far away from the original instrument sounds and it can be difficult to get back to them easily. Always thought it'd be a useful addition. :)
  • I always add a toggle switch to my mods. This way I can easily go back to the original sound if desired. Does need some case drilling though (I add the switch on the back above the respective instrument output).
  • synaptech wrote:Just an idea for the case with labeled mods - would it be possible to embolden the marker at the point the original sound should occur?
    This is a thought I had as well, but it falls apart when you use a different value pot or different resistor to offset the pot. :? So it wouldn't be such a good idea to have a value marked on the case itself I think.

Modding our Nava we found that we liked the more eccentric sounds best so we used quite high pot values, sometimes an order of magnitude higher than suggested by some more conservative modders (also, the standard mods deviate in values depending on which site you obtained them from). At this point, any pre-made marks on a case would be way off.

Toggle switches are a good idea, or if you offset the pot by the original resistor value, or alternatively use a pot of the original resistor value, then the original sound would be at one of the extremes (pot turned all the way up or down). You can also calculate the value so that the original sound is when the pot is turned to noon (middle position).
  • I'm going to attempt a Yocto2 case but a little confused which enclosure to order. About the mods, I like the idea of these cartridges that could slot in the back and I want the cv mod.
    So which version do I choose when I order ?

Thanks.