Data Encoder not working

Data Encoder not working

Postby Dicky » Jun 4th, '19, 09:54

I've just finished building the sequencer, PSU & Master sections.. All seems to be functioning well apart from the turning of the data encoder has no effect (changing BPM, swing etc). It's odd because the push click works fine.
I measured 5V across the encoder's top two pins so it's getting power. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to track down the problem? I have a scope, just not sure where / what to look for!
Dicky

Re: Data Encoder not working

Postby Dicky » Jun 4th, '19, 10:52

I've scoped across the pins.. The encoder push changes the state on each output whereas turning the encoder seems to do nothing. I'm guessing that means the encoder is faulty?
Dicky

Postby KlangGenerator » Jun 9th, '19, 15:25

Dicky wrote:I've scoped across the pins.. The encoder push changes the state on each output whereas turning the encoder seems to do nothing. I'm guessing that means the encoder is faulty?

No, your encoder is working fine. It's a software problem. You need to reflash the Atmega1284p. The only way doing this is by using a chip programmer.

Check this thread:

http://www.e-licktronic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1847&p=11528&hilit=chip+programmer#p11528
KlangGenerator

Postby e-licktronic » Jun 16th, '19, 11:10

Please try this beta update it should fix the encoder issue
http://www.e-licktronic.com/forum/download/file.php?id=118
Best regards,
e-licktronic
e-licktronic
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Jun 17th, '19, 17:47

I can confirm that the v2.003beta firmware solved this problem for me. Before that, I tried reflashing both v2.003 and v2.002 without success.

Thanks for the fix!

I reflashed the chip using an Arduino, following the instructions in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=436. No need to pull the chip, the interface is built right into the motherboard.
Keith

Return to Yocto² Hardware