Snare sounds like a tom - Snappy not working [SOLVED]

• Ok, reflowing IC1 everything works, I get the bass drum both at individual out and left/right-mono. Sequencer works well. Bass drum accent seems to have no effect.
    I have soldered the snare drum section and got the sound also at individual and mono. The problem is, snappy knob is not having any effect and the snare sounds like a tom. Checked the orientations of all the components, reflowed the pot but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Check here for the tom sounding snare issue.

Are you connecting all of the wires when testing (power, master section, and individual section)? If not, this will prevent some audio signals from showing at the outputs. I forget which is which but Yocto and Nava have different behaviors.

Shorting a circuit is not usually a good thing. Not sure if you shorted output or input but might want to swap that TL074. I would double check for solder bridges, missing solder, and orientation. Having a loupe or magnifying glass is extremely helpful in these cases.
  • Thanks m8, so happy you replied. I dug that thread earlier and not sure whether the workaround could be applicable to my yocto2. Also, my snappy does not have any effect. Nava will be my next build if I get this one to work.

Regarding the wires, I have them all connected, main output and individuals work well and there is no unwanted noise so the ground should also be right. Orientations I have quadruple checked when placing stuff in :)

I have shorted the pins on TL074 a couple of brief times, after that I had no issues with sound. I will change that one if I don’t find any other culprit, a bit cumbersome guy to order. Is there a way to test it only with a multimeter? Will check for the things you mentioned definitely and could also paste high res photos of the board so far if anyone is willing to take a look.

Oh, I also remember that I couldn’t measure 130 mV at TP4 in the noise section. I don’t have a scope nor a RMS multimeter - only the regular one that worked fine so far. That one showed about 80-90mV at that point and a steady decline towards zero that I can’t explain/understand (newbie).

To whomever is reading this, thank you for your time ;)
  • OK, I did some tracing these days. Hope I haven't burnt anything. The conclusion I reached so far is that the noise section wouldn't work properly up until I connect the whole MidTom section.
    Will update this thread in a day or two, upon connecting this whole region. :arrow:
  • Update: OK, I was right. The noise part started working properly after connecting the whole mid tom and hi tom section. Finally power at U24 and a reading at TP4 (don't have the RMS device). Snare goes crisp! So happy :mrgreen:

The accent still stays unresolved, will post further findings as I go.