Nava Extra9 PCB v3.2.1 R84 Value

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.
  • PortableFishy wrote:Hello, I have a quick question regarding the R84 value that should be used for the Nava Extra9 PCB v3.2.1

Does anyone know if R84 should be 3k9 or should it be 18k?

Thanks!
    R84 needs to be 3k9. Also make sure to replace R72 for a 200k and R86_2 for a 10k as recommended by Gihaume. This will improve the noise of the HH filter. And don't use tantal caps for C96 and C106 but regular ceramic ones.
  • KlangGenerator wrote:
    PortableFishy wrote:Hello, I have a quick question regarding the R84 value that should be used for the Nava Extra9 PCB v3.2.1

Does anyone know if R84 should be 3k9 or should it be 18k?

Thanks!
    R84 needs to be 3k9. Also make sure to replace R72 for a 200k and R86_2 for a 10k as recommended by Gihaume. This will improve the noise of the HH filter. And don't use tantal caps for C96 and C106 but regular ceramic ones.
    Thank you KlangGenerator! That is very helpful and perfect timing for the advice too since I was about to start working on those today :mrgreen:
  • What difference will the tantalum caps make? Just built mine and used them? Can add some ceramics to my next mouser order if its worth swapping them?