Extra9 - NAVA Expansion Kits

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Extra9 - NAVA Expansion Kits

Postby Wellental » Jun 12th, '18, 08:36

This is the official forum thread for the Extra 9 - NAVA Expansion by Wellental Schall Apparaturen.

Extra9 is a dedicated expansion for the NAVA - TR-909 clone by e-licktronic and is sold as a DIY electronic parts kit.
It adds a total of 37 extra pots and 4 extra switches to your NAVA TR-909 clone which increases the sonic potential of the popular TR-909 drum instruments tremendously. Adding the Extra9 modifications means that you get more possibilities to manipulate the synthesis parameters of each instrument while you can always go back to the original settings.

All the modifications have been thoroughly picked and tested for best sonic manipulations and of course all modifications are fully analog!

The expansion is meant to be installed on top of the existing NAVA main-board and fits seamlessly onto its layout.

Image

Introduction to the Mods:
Wellental
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Jun 12th, '18, 08:15

Re: Extra9 - NAVA Expansion Kits

Postby Wellental » Jun 12th, '18, 08:40

First run is available immediately and can be ordered here: https://goo.gl/forms/5mArG0jrAD45qJDl1

The Kit comes in two flavours:
Extra9 Kit contains:
- PCB with SMD IC's installed
- plastic isolation sheet
- all 37 pots
- all 4 switches
- all 13 connectors
- 2 matched transistors / 2 SMD transistors
- specific SMD film capacitors

Extra9 Kit+ contains:
- all parts of the Extra9 Kit
- all SMD parts needed to assemble the board
- all thruhole parts needed as replacement on NAVA board

I highly recommend the Extra9 Kit+!
Extra 9 Kit is CHF 160.- (around 136€ / 160$ - as of May 20)
Extra 9 Kit+ is CHF 175.- (around 149€ / 175$ - as of May 20)

Shipping (insured, with tracking) costs are :
CH: CHF 10.-
DE: CHF 13.-
EU: CHF 21.-
World: CHF 32.-

Installation manual, BOM with additional parts for Extra9 Kit, and other documents can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ygxkfbkcs7za ... Matma?dl=0

Kacper as well as Erica Synths will be offering matching cases for the expanded NAVA.
Erica Synths: €120 + shipping
Kacper: 450PLN + shipping - Preorder form: https://goo.gl/forms/BWH0WE36SW6Erux92
Wellental
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Jun 12th, '18, 08:15

Re: Extra9 - NAVA Expansion Kits

Postby Wellental » Jun 12th, '18, 08:46

~~~Space for imortant stuff~~~
- on the PCB below cutoff pot there is a part label covered - this is R81_3!!!
Wellental
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Jun 12th, '18, 08:15

Re: Extra9 - NAVA Expansion Kits

Postby serum114 » Jun 12th, '18, 11:33

Looks great. Is there any expected manufacturing dates for the cases yet?
serum114
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Mar 6th, '17, 18:18

Re: Extra9 - NAVA Expansion Kits

Postby Wellental » Jul 23rd, '18, 08:58

Kacper has recently started to send payment requests for his NAVA Extra9 case!
Production starts as soon as money is collected and will take 5-6 weeks.

If you did not order a case yet, here is the link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScfGAmSFNtkC9DdEzs0VgmolCLAKYiVuqxw6LF4BXSsIx8hoQ/viewform
Wellental
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Jun 12th, '18, 08:15

Re: Extra9 - NAVA Expansion Kits

Postby KlangGenerator » Aug 19th, '18, 10:11

Wellental wrote:Kacper as well as Erica Synths will be offering matching cases for the expanded NAVA.
Erica Synths: €120 + shipping
Kacper: 450PLN + shipping - Preorder form: https://goo.gl/forms/BWH0WE36SW6Erux92


Do you know when the case will be available from Erica Synths?
User avatar
KlangGenerator
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Aug 8th, '16, 16:36

Re: Extra9 - NAVA Expansion Kits

Postby serum114 » Aug 19th, '18, 12:21

KlangGenerator wrote:
Wellental wrote:Kacper as well as Erica Synths will be offering matching cases for the expanded NAVA.
Erica Synths: €120 + shipping
Kacper: 450PLN + shipping - Preorder form: https://goo.gl/forms/BWH0WE36SW6Erux92


Do you know when the case will be available from Erica Synths?


I spoke with Eliza about 4 weeks ago and she said they are in production. Yet to see or hear anything more since then.
serum114
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Mar 6th, '17, 18:18

Re: Extra9 - NAVA Expansion Kits

Postby KlangGenerator » Aug 19th, '18, 13:52

serum114 wrote:
KlangGenerator wrote:
Wellental wrote:Kacper as well as Erica Synths will be offering matching cases for the expanded NAVA.
Erica Synths: €120 + shipping
Kacper: 450PLN + shipping - Preorder form: https://goo.gl/forms/BWH0WE36SW6Erux92


Do you know when the case will be available from Erica Synths?


I spoke with Eliza about 4 weeks ago and she said they are in production. Yet to see or hear anything more since then.


Ok, good to know. I just don't want to buy a kit without an enclosure being available already.
User avatar
KlangGenerator
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Aug 8th, '16, 16:36

Re: Extra9 - NAVA Expansion Kits

Postby gihaume » Aug 19th, '18, 15:04

Where are the information about those Erica enclosures ? I can't see any anywhere, why ?
gihaume
 
Posts: 246
Joined: May 12th, '14, 14:48

Re: Extra9 - NAVA Expansion Kits

Postby serum114 » Aug 19th, '18, 15:13

Klang. Same here.

Gihaume. It has been mentioned by the E9 developer here and I have been speaking with Eliza @ Erika whenever I've been placing orders with them. Have you managed to work out the noise on the hats filter yet?
serum114
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Mar 6th, '17, 18:18

Next

Return to Nava Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron