Extra9 - NAVA Expansion Kits

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.
  • I've also filled in the form to order an Extra9 kit last week. Hopefully one step closer to reach 50 buyers!
  • Hello there!
    I am almost finished with the E9 mod.
    Nava was tested without mod: perfect.
    Everything works fine with the mod, but when i switch in the filter on the Hihat, it basically works (HP/BP/LP) but with terrible hum on it, changing a bit when turning cutoff or envelope on the E9. Sounds a bit like a grounding problem...
    I built a second E9 pcb - with exactly the same behavior. I built it very carefully.

Has anyone had similar issues. Or already got the HH filter working on the E9?

Thank you very much for all comments!!!
  • @gihaume
    Thank you! With another powersupply most of the hum is gone.
    There is still some humming depending on the position of cútoff and envelope potentiometers....not a psu problem any more..
    Someone wrote: "At last I had to change some resistors value to get the HH filter quiet. I replaced R71 for a 10K, R72 for a 200K and R86_2 for a 10K. This lower the level reduction to the filter input and the filter output at the same time."

Do i really need to modify the HH Filter circuit to get the signal clean?

Also, when i switch the filter in there is always a loud "click" like there is DC on it....is that normal, or does the filter switch in silently on your device?

Thank you!!!
  • plaque@aon.at wrote:@gihaume
    Thank you! With another powersupply most of the hum is gone.
    There is still some humming depending on the position of cútoff and envelope potentiometers....not a psu problem any more..
    You should ground the enclosure also. The circuit will still be a little noisy but this the S-P filter.
  • I recently finished my build with Extra9, and had some issues with the clap circuit. The envelope seems to be retriggering constantly so that it outputs a saw wave, causing the clap to sound continuously without being triggered. Bypassing the extra9 envelope circuitry, the clap behaves as expected and sounds good. I checked continuity and values of all passive components on the Extra9 board and everything seems fine. Does anyone have any idea if the envelope IC (a counter) could be defective? Could something else be responsible for the problem?
  • Hi all. Does anyone have a spare extra 9 kit to sell?
  • Just bought myself one of the last runs of the NAVA extra 9 cases from Erica Synths. Looking to now acquire all the parts to build one. Are the Extra 9 Kit+ versions available for purchase?

Thanks!
  • I've found a mistake in the Extra9 board and the schematics. I haven't seen it commented here, so I'm mentioning it just in case. Capacitor C75 is reversed both in the schematics and in the silkprinting on the board. Positive pole is connected to ground while negative goes to the +15V line, and it has to be just the opposite. Take care while soldering this part, just turn it upside down. I'm sure most people might have it installed the wrong way.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vintage ... 1035110326