Sync issue with pattern change

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • Is there not a way to change pattern after it has played through? Right now it changes abruptly to the next pattern pressed. Useless.
    The real 909 plays through the 16 parts... then it changes to the next pattern you have pressed.
    This function is critical to be able to use!

Have I missed some setting or?
  • would also like it to change patterns after it has played through.
    also, i'm using it as slave, and didn't had sync issues, there was something, some short jumping when i did something, don't remember under what circumstances, will post it if i have it again or remember...
  • I had 1 occurence of clock de-sync when using it as a slave the other day, but can't remember what triggered it. I stopped the master (an octatrack) and started again and the sync was back to normal.
  • Hi, Is this something that will be solved in a future update soon? (changing pattern directly instead of after the 16 steps).
    Would be really happy to see this coming! =)
  • beeb wrote:I had 1 occurence of clock de-sync when using it as a slave the other day, but can't remember what triggered it. I stopped the master (an octatrack) and started again and the sync was back to normal.
    yeah, it's not always, I think it has to do with the pattern change, at least my 303 lost sync 2 or 3 times after I changed a pattern on the nava when it was slave. I can't replicate it, it just happens randomly, but maybe it has to do with the instant pattern change. at the moment I am just using one pattern and work with the mute function, which is working fine in slave and master mode. anyone noticed how stable the clock of the nava is when running as master? 8-)
  • I think this deserve the dedicated thread.

How can i backup patterns from nava (and preferably restore them later) ?

So, as for now the only possible options i can see:

- Connect (for example) raspberry pi to nava ISP port and download the entire EEPROM from AVR.
    - Another possible option using only existing I/O ports is transferring the pattern data via MIDI SYSEX, but this must be implemented in firmware first. (maybe i missed something and it's already there?)
    - And (yet another) option is adding USB<->serial converter hooked up to AVR, like in xoxbox - but the software must be written and firmware updated accordingly. Also it needs the additional case hole (but i think the power switch hole can be reused for usb socket)
  • richieadam wrote:I think this deserve the dedicated thread.

How can i backup patterns from nava (and preferably restore them later) ?

So, as for now the only possible options i can see:

- Connect (for example) raspberry pi to nava ISP port and download the entire EEPROM from AVR.
    - Another possible option using only existing I/O ports is transferring the pattern data via MIDI SYSEX, but this must be implemented in firmware first. (maybe i missed something and it's already there?)
    - And (yet another) option is adding USB<->serial converter hooked up to AVR, like in xoxbox - but the software must be written and firmware updated accordingly. Also it needs the additional case hole (but i think the power switch hole can be reused for usb socket)
    Get my Nava 2021 firmware and use Sysex to dump patterns, or midi note out and record in another sequencer.

Greetz,
    Neuromancer