Nava v1.0 Firmware

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • Great! Can't wait to try it out! :-D Thx!
  • Nice!
  • Add synced pattern change - what is this? i don't understand what this function do it :(
  • I didn't tried this feature yet but i think it makes the sequencer jump from a pattern to the other one without waiting for the first one to finish VS wait for the end of the first pattern before jumping to the second one.

I did the firmware update, HH works well in expander now! But it did strange stuff yesterday, i used it in expander mode for a few hours without any problems, and then when i wanted to came back to the internal sequencer, it was stuck, i couldn't make it play with the internal clock or a midi clock. Init the eeprom solved this, but it happened a second time after. Maybe it comes from my build and I just noticed it after doing the update, or could it be software related? I will do further test and let you know if it happens again.
  • i also have problem with sequencer: after the upgrade, and a few hours of work - the first and second patterns are generally refused to work, I initialize the eeprom, anything else does not help!
  • Hey guys,

I can't seem to update the firmware. I can't use MIDIOX because i'm on a mac, so I used SysExLibrarian. The Nava patiently waits while the firmware is uploading, but the trigger buttons don't light up to show the progress. I can see my MIDI interface (UM-2G) is sending MIDI because the LED is blinking. When the software says it has uploaded everything, the Nave goes on and shows the version it was on before. (1.017)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Boterham wrote:Hey guys,

I can't seem to update the firmware. I can't use MIDIOX because i'm on a mac, so I used SysExLibrarian. The Nava patiently waits while the firmware is uploading, but the trigger buttons don't light up to show the progress. I can see my MIDI interface (UM-2G) is sending MIDI because the LED is blinking. When the software says it has uploaded everything, the Nave goes on and shows the version it was on before. (1.017)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Turn on the nava with 1 3 5 buttons pressed.
    Are you connecting the midi out directly to nava in ? Don't use the midi through box.
    Also, you may need to check your cable. I've trouble in updating the nava via a thru box.
  • I had problems doing the update with midiox as well. Switched to C6 tool and it worked from scratch.
  • i was succesful with C6, too, but only after i set the Delay to 5 ticks. my USB-MIDI cable is a Prodipe 1i/1o.