Nava v1.0 Firmware

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • With the current available source code (1.017) it feels like re-implementing bugfixes for bugs that are solved in later firmware releases.
  • Neuromancer wrote:With the current available source code (1.017) it feels like re-implementing bugfixes for bugs that are solved in later firmware releases.
    Indeed...
    Did you try getting in touch with the guys who updated the code already? I mean the code on GitHub...
  • Sad to see such a nice product with orphaned support on the firmware.

I have decided to rewrite the firmware for myself as my Nava is a bit different.
    The source code will be available at https://github.com/BenZonneveld/Nava-909-Firmware

At the moment I can't test all functions as my Nava isn't finished, only the sequencer part is up and running. Waiting for parts and money to buy those parts.
  • Neuromancer wrote:Sad to see such a nice product with orphaned support on the firmware.
    Very sad indeed! :-/
    I have decided to rewrite the firmware for myself as my Nava is a bit different.
    In what terms is it different?

F.
  • PM to you explaining this
  • zabox wrote:Mh, on some occasions i could get it to jump one 1/16 note, but not to a slight offset as you describe it. But i noticed that the shuffle is completely off, only half as strong as it should be and in slave mode there‘s only one working shuffle variation (0-4 off, 5-7 on).
    I‘m sorry that i didn‘t notice this earlier, but i‘m going to rewrite the shuffle function and match it to a real 909 ;)

It may however take a few weeks. If anyone needs an earlier fix for some reason, i can ask vincent to upload a quick and dirty patch that i‘m already running on my nava. (But right now it only works in the regular 16th note scale).
    Hi , i would like to know of 1.28 beta firmware fixed the swing problem in slave mode. Thanxx
  • Hmm ok...

I have no idea what that is/was related to but it could well have something to do with "total accent".

In my case my OH decay was dependend on the CH decay.

When CH decal was fully counterclockwise the OH was also very short.

When I turned the CH decay pot in clockwise direction the OH also got longer.

The OH decay pot however had no effect on the actual OH decay.

I could try updating to 1.09 again and see what happens. Maybe something went wrong in my initial update to 1.09.

The only thing I can say is that everything was back to normal after I installed 1.07 again.

I did this together with LED-Man so he can confirm that and we also compared our NAVAs.

He never installed 1.09 and his was fine with 1.07.

+ decoder303 also seems to have run into this issue.

We'll see what Vincent finds out.