firmware issues, SOLVED

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • adjusted the sysex speed and was able to get back in, however its back to the saved bugged state. Currently stuck in edit mode, keys 1-8 change patterns a0-a7, start flashes, as does the selected pattern and the pattern edit button.

So it would seem that the last state was saved when there was no eprom loaded, so i may be in a bug trap of sort
  • an update, the ISP header has the MOSI and MISO pins swapped, after making an adaptor I was able to reflash the firmware. Code verified written but still stuck in the same crashed loop where nothing but 8 pattern buttons work. My best guess now is the boot loader is corrupted since i can not access the trim or eprom init procedures at boot time.
  • we suspect this may have been caused by the eeprom being the wrong type, the BOM has been updated

EDIT 5/18/16
    Important update! On semiconductor EEprom does not seems to work with current firmware so you need the Microchip one :?
    -On semiconductor CAT24M01 EEprom replace by Micropchip 24LC1025
  • Great work on troubleshooting!
    Is the Microship EEPROM verified to work?
  • i have new parts arriving today, we shall see. Its possible one of the registers may be faulty also, as i have now reflashed the boot loader, will report back once we have some progress.
  • replaced the button registers and some buttons are alive again, its quite possible this is a fault with a via or something along those lines, the entire voice set works over midi.
  • nava rocking the house, all fixed, nothing to see here

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFmmxXIxz6y ... by=dinsync
  • I'm glad to hear that you fixed your problem, that has to be a relief. Not that I'm happy you had this issue but it sure will save some time and aggravation now that we know the proper EEprom (On semiconductor CAT24M01 EEprom) to order. I placed my mouser order 2 weeks ago but I wasn't having them ship it until all the components were in stock on 6/21. Now I just have to have them change that one part for me and I should be good to go. It sucks being the guinea pig but I'm happy for you now.
  • housedet@comcast.net wrote:I'm glad to hear that you fixed your problem, that has to be a relief. Not that I'm happy you had this issue but it sure will save some time and aggravation now that we know the proper EEprom (On semiconductor CAT24M01 EEprom) to order. I placed my mouser order 2 weeks ago but I wasn't having them ship it until all the components were in stock on 6/21. Now I just have to have them change that one part for me and I should be good to go. It sucks being the guinea pig but I'm happy for you now.
    thanks, there was quite a bit of head scratching as it didn't make any logical sense but we got there in the end.