Nava code on Github

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • Perhaps a good idea is to start a new post containing a wishlist for Nava post 1.028 beta?

Also, please use git when changing your code as it makes lifes easier.
    Adding comments the way zabox did is also a good thing. There can never be too much comments in code but don't explain the obvious in a comment.

Currently reimplementing my MIDI out for playing patterns, I also had created a pattern change option using MIDI.

As for SYSEX, I had some thoughts about it: we could just implement the 909 SYSEX if there is any data on it?
  • FlavioB wrote:
    m4d wrote:I very much second this motion and would volunteer to add some missing features like e.g. sysex backup of patterns.
    +1 for the SysEx backup.

But... Why not start a separate thread with two lists:
    1. bugs to be fixed
    2. wishlist for new features

F.
    Similar minds have similar idea's ?
  • Note: In order to build the code on modern Arduino IDE's you have to move or copy the files in the library directory in a folder called "src" in the folder with the Arduino files.

Next change
    #include <SPI.h> to #include "src/SPI/SPI.h"

change:
    #include <WireN.h> to #include "src/WireN/WireN.h>

and change:
    #include <MIDI.h> to #include "src/MIDI/MIDI.h"

Next open the file "src/WIreN/WireN.cpp" and change:
    #include "twiN.h" to #include "utility/twiN.h"

Your code should now build,
  • @Neuromancer - would you mind taking somehow the lead here and opening at least one new thread as you suggested?

F.
  • FlavioB wrote:@Neuromancer - would you mind taking somehow the lead here and opening at least one new thread as you suggested?

F.
    No problem, first I'm going to set up a git repository with some instructions on how to build the code.
    When finished I will create a new thread "Nava2021 (post v1.028beta)"
  • Neuromancer wrote: No problem, first I'm going to set up a git repository with some instructions on how to build the code.
    When finished I will create a new thread "Nava2021 (post v1.028beta)"
    Great, thank you!
    That's a good starting point.

F.
  • Hello everybody.
    I have a problem with an accent on the Hat (Hit is ok), the Ride and the Crash, it's always on, the led stays lit at maximum on the step.
    The sound of Ride and Crash is very dirty with a strong distortion.
    So if someone has an idea, he is welcome.
    Thanks.
  • davidreyan15 wrote:Hello everybody.
    I have a problem with an accent on the Hat (Hit is ok), the Ride and the Crash, it's always on, the led stays lit at maximum on the step.
    The sound of Ride and Crash is very dirty with a strong distortion.
    So if someone has an idea, he is welcome.
    Thanks.
    This is the wrong thread. Please open a new thread for this ;-)
    Thank you!
    F.