Nava2021 - feature list poll

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • Check
  • Pattern chained group or longer patterns. We would need to think about the most sensible implementation for this. It would be most welcome.
  • synthrus wrote:Pattern chained group or longer patterns. We would need to think about the most sensible implementation for this. It would be most welcome.
    Hi and thanks for your input. AFAIK, there is already the "pattern chain" feature. Could you detail what a "pattern chained group" should/would look like in your eyes?
    Longer patterns would be great indeed.

F.
  • FlavioB wrote:Hi all!
    Following is the initial set of features @Neuromancer has proposed. It makes sense to implement the ones which are more needed, thus I'd like you to just start and vote for each of them. If a feature request gets like only 1-2 votes, maybe it's better to not invest time in developing/adding that one. So let's go!
    • SYSEX import and export
      Requests and dumps for:
      Config, Single Pattern, Pattern Bank, Track, [Full]

Make the startup mode configurable.
      Is already in place.
      Select in which mode the Nava starts:
      Track Play, Track Write, Pattern Play, Step Edit, Tap Edit.

Make the sound levels user configurable (keep in mind the patterns store the current instrument levels).

Temporary change last step in a playing pattern (Pattern play only)

Pattern chain grouped editing

Pattern length > 16 steps
    Feel free to propose new features as well, I will add them to the above list and voting can continue...

Thanks,
    F.
    My most wished for candidate:

Also interesting:

The others I would probably not use.
  • Oortone wrote: My most wished for candidate:
    Yes...something I would expect to work.
    I have to think about this for a bit to come up with a way to handle this.
    Oortone wrote: Also interesting:
    Because of the memory limitation of the eeprom this can only be achieved by either:
    * sacrificing track space, which would only offer about 2 patterns worth of memory for each track
    * Replace the eeprom in the Nava with a larger one. Don't know if those exist, something I would have to look up.

Greetz,
    Neuromancer
  • Neuromancer wrote: * Replace the eeprom in the Nava with a larger one. Don't know if those exist, something I would have to look up.
    This would be interesting to investigate... +1
    F.
  • FlavioB wrote:
    Neuromancer wrote: * Replace the eeprom in the Nava with a larger one. Don't know if those exist, something I would have to look up.
    This would be interesting to investigate... +1
    F.
    Hi there,

The actual Nava EEprom is a 1024kb Serial I2C EEprom that is actually the biggest size of PDIP8 I2C EEprom.
    ST Microelectronic designed a 2048kb one but only available in SOIC8 package.

To extend Nava memory there's two solutions:
    -Use a SOIC8 to PDIP adapter with a M24M02 EEprom that double the actual size
    -Design a extra Shield PCB that fit on the Nava EEprom footprint IC115 with two to four EEproms with different address (could be 8Mb MAX !!) on it. ;)

Hope this help
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Thank you Vincent!
    I hope somebody takes this into account and maybe develops such a mod!
    F.
  • FlavioB wrote:Thank you Vincent!
    I hope somebody takes this into account and maybe develops such a mod!
    F.
    I designed a simple board that fit 8x 24LC1025. (Eagle file join to the message)
    To connect to IC115 simply put a IC socket with long legs ;)

Attachments
    Downloaded 430 times
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic