Nava2021 - feature list poll

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • Sysex dump and pattern backup. boring but essential I think. Being able to load a specific sysex for different situations (Creating a folder full of patterns to use just for live sets etc).
  • Temporary change last step in a playing pattern (Pattern play only)

I like this... think of being able to instantly switch to short choppy patterns. V. TECHNO. Simple bit powerful way to add variation without having to think too much about menu diving.
  • johnmc wrote:Sysex dump and pattern backup. boring but essential I think. Being able to load a specific sysex for different situations (Creating a folder full of patterns to use just for live sets etc).
    Thanks John - I think Neuromancer is already actively working on this.

F.
  • johnmc wrote:Temporary change last step in a playing pattern (Pattern play only)

I like this... think of being able to instantly switch to short choppy patterns. V. TECHNO. Simple bit powerful way to add variation without having to think too much about menu diving.
    I like this as well and I enjoy it on my Social Entropy modified TB-303 (it has the QS-303 CPU).
    It's on the list (initial post).
  • e-licktronic wrote:
    FlavioB wrote:Thank you Vincent!
    I hope somebody takes this into account and maybe develops such a mod!
    F.
    I designed a simple board that fit 8x 24LC1025. (Eagle file join to the message)
    To connect to IC115 simply put a IC socket with long legs ;)

Great !!!

Thanks for doing the pcb design.
    For now my priority list is, getting sysex and my Nava Tool working without any problems.

As soon as I finish that part I'm going to hunt for some of the bugs in my code I have noticed myself and squash those.

I want to add other features on the list as soon as I have stable code with as few bugs as possible. (Bug free code does not exist...)
    Chained/grouped pattern editing is on that list.

Expanding the memory to get longer patterns is for now a distant future request.
  • The actual Nava EEprom is a 1024kb Serial I2C EEprom that is actually the biggest size of PDIP8 I2C EEprom.

ST Microelectronic designed a 2048kb one but only available in SOIC8 package.

To extend Nava memory there's two solutions:

-Use a SOIC8 to PDIP adapter with a M24M02 EEprom that double the actual size

-Design a extra Shield PCB that fit on the Nava EEprom footprint IC115 with two to four EEproms with different address (could be 8Mb MAX !!) on it. ;)

Hope this help
  • Wow, I have been checking this forum on occasion in the hope that development of the Nava would continue. Decided to have one final look today, and noticed this thread! Great news!

Thank you to all involved!

I was chatting to Vincent about some features, before I guess he must've stopped work on it as he stopped replying. He had agreed the following would be included:

-track length per instrument
    - change pattern via external pgm change message
    - probability per note
    - save sync setting as each time i turn on my Nava I have to change from MST to SLV, so an option for this to remembered would be great!

Is there any chance these could be added at some stage? All of them would be great additions IMO and would really open up the Nava for more interesting pattern possibilities.

Also finally something perhaps not useful/interesting to all: but is there any chance you could include an option to reverse the lights for mute mode?

I use my Nava with my Cirklon - and on the Cirklon a lit track = unmuted track, but on Nava a lit track = a muted track!
    Always finds it throws me off during a performance due to cognitive dissonance of them working in opposites!

No worries if not possible but thought I'd ask, to see if it was easy feature to include the preference as a user config :)

Thanks again to all! Very excited the fw lives on!