Nava2021 (post v1.028beta)

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • ali_b wrote: 1. When I program instruments in tap mode, they usually flam as I'm programming them in. They play back normally once recorded into the pattern. My first thought was that this would be from something I did wrong on my build, causing instruments to double trigger when I press the keys, but the step keys function completely normally otherwise, and most importantly this issue only happens when the machine is playing. When I press the keys in tap mode with the transport stopped, everything triggers normally. This happens on every instrument. Has anyone else experienced this? If there's anything else in the machine related to this behavior I'd happily check it and see if it's just me.
    Can't check this at the moment.
    ali_b wrote: 2. When clearing instruments in tap mode, if you release the clear button before the instrument key, the instrument plays when releasing the instrument key and gets recorded into the pattern. If there's a way to prevent that from happening it would help a lot with speed of using the machine.
    Putting this on the list. Instrument keys/step keys should not respond while still being pressed from a "double key" function.
    ali_b wrote: 3. It would be great if it was possible to clear multiple instruments at once in tap write mode. Currently holding clear and multiple instrument keys will only clear the first instrument that was held down. Again this is something that would help so much with playing the machine live.
    YESS....Putting this also on the list!
    ali_b wrote: I'm happy to do anything I can to help get this stuff implemented and to help with testing in general. I have some programming experience but not a ton, I'm checking things out at GitHub now to see if this is over my head or not :lol: Once again, huge thanks to you all for getting this going, I'm really happy to see it.
    If you have any questions about the code, just ask me on Github. Github for me seems the place to talk about code and such, don't want to bore people with it over here.
    This forum is the place to talk about feature requests and mention bugs.

Greetz, Neuromancer
  • Hey Neuromancer, noticed a bug with DinSync after I updated to your beta. Seems like The din clock output is all wonky with the latest update.
    Best,
    J
  • Hello, sorry for being confused here... :shock:

...but I'm not sure if I understand this new development after reading the readme https://github.com/sandormatyi/Nava-909 ... /README.md.

It says "If you want to check out the additional features, switch to the features branch!"

Does that mean that there are actually two different 1.028beta firmwares?
    If so that's pretty confusing. But is the "features" version only available for those who compile by themselves?

Is the 1.028beta linked at the thread start of the official Nava 1.0 Firmare thread the "master" version?
    viewtopic.php?f=25&t=864
    And is that without all those things being discussed in this thread?
  • Oortone wrote:Hello, sorry for being confused here... :shock:

...but I'm not sure if I understand this new development after reading the readme https://github.com/sandormatyi/Nava-909 ... /README.md.

It says "If you want to check out the additional features, switch to the features branch!"
    This new development is in https://github.com/BenZonneveld/Nava-909-Firmware
    Oortone wrote: Does that mean that there are actually two different 1.028beta firmwares?
    If so that's pretty confusing. But is the "features" version only available for those who compile by themselves?
    Look in the correct github repository and you will see I provide compiled hex and sysex files.
    Oortone wrote: Is the 1.028beta linked at the thread start of the official Nava 1.0 Firmare thread the "master" version?
    viewtopic.php?f=25&t=864
    And is that without all those things being discussed in this thread?
    The official 1.028beta is the master branch as is without any new features.
    I will begin development again this september.

Greetz,
    Neuro
  • Thank you, Neuro, for your work!
    I'll be happy to try out new firmware this autumn ;-)
    F.
  • Wow, I have been checking this forum on occasion in the hope that development of the Nava would continue. Decided to have one final look today, and noticed this thread! Great news!

Thank you to all involved!

I was chatting to Vincent about some features, before I guess he must've stopped work on it as he stopped replying. He had agreed the following would be included:

-track length per instrument
    - change pattern via external pgm change message
    - probability per note
    - save sync setting as each time i turn on my Nava I have to change from MST to SLV, so an option for this to remembered would be great!

Is there any chance these could be added at some stage? All of them would be great additions IMO and would really open up the Nava for more interesting pattern possibilities.

Also finally something perhaps not useful/interesting to all: but is there any chance you could include an option to reverse the lights for mute mode?

I use my Nava with my Cirklon - and on the Cirklon a lit track = unmuted track, but on Nava a lit track = a muted track!
    Always finds it throws me off during a performance due to cognitive dissonance of them working in opposites!

No worries if not possible but thought I'd ask, to see if it was easy feature to include the preference as a user config :)

Thanks again to all! Very excited the fw lives on!
  • Hi dave_angel - did you by chance have a look here?

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2580

You could add the requested features there... ;-)
    F.
  • FlavioB wrote:Hi dave_angel - did you by chance have a look here?

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2580

You could add the requested features there... ;-)
    F.
    Have now done so! Thanks :)
  • A belated happy 909 day to all.

The idea for the mute leds is a very good one!