Nava2021 (post v1.028beta)

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • FlavioB wrote:G
    Nope! With the original 909 you never needed to save your patterns to the EPROM, it was all automatic. Though, you weren't able to link sequences once a sequence was already running... a major benefit of the NAVA. However, on the original 909 you could edit the multiple 'pages' of sequences without needing to hit the enter button once notes were entered!
  • Ok thanks for clarifying.
    But then: why the save button was added to the Nava? I had my time getting used to it (like on the Beatstep Pro)!!!
  • I think Vincent decided to use a Save button because the TR909 uses static RAM to store patterns while the Nava uses an EEPROM to store patterns. EEPROM has a limit to the amount of times it can be rewritten.

So to reduce wear on the EEPROM you need to tell the Nava to save patterns.

I hope this answers any questions about dropping the save button.

Greetz,
    Neuro
  • Thanks Neuro - that explains it quite good! ;-)
    F.
  • Neuromancer wrote: Thanks, I don't see a way of bricking the machine when updating. Nothing fancy is being done at that moment.

Change pattern is implemented using midi notes. See the wiki or release notes.
    https://github.com/BenZonneveld/Nava-20 ... /wiki/MIDI

My current priority is implementing pattern groups in step or tap mode.

Neuromancer
    Oh wow! Didn't see external pattern change was already included in the firmware! Great news. Thanks for your reply.

Thanks again :)
  • As I just changed my audio interface setup I'm not sure if it's the Nava or the interfaces/Asio/Cubase messing things up but....

When using the Nava as a MIDI Slave my sounds seem to be played ahead of the beat making it impossible to get the Nava in sync with myother parts running from Cubase.

EDIT: The latency problems where caused by Cubase/Asio, not the Nava.
    Also, first time in 7 months I made a track.
  • Neuromancer wrote: Also, first time in 7 months I made a track.
    :D Love that feeling! :)
  • Neuromancer wrote: Also, first time in 7 months I made a track.
    Let's hear this track then! ;-)
  • FlavioB wrote:
    Neuromancer wrote: Also, first time in 7 months I made a track.
    Let's hear this track then! ;-)
    Here it is.
    2 Parts of 303
    several parts of Prophet X and Prophet 12
    and my Nava.

Greetz,
    Neuromancer