Nava2021 (post v1.028beta)

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • Just realised the nava tools is for windows only? bummer.
  • johnmc wrote:Just realised the nava tools is for windows only? bummer.
    As I don't have access to OS X it is not possible for me to develop for Mac.

Greetz,
    Neuromancer
  • heapish wrote:Is there a Roll function?
    The roll function is just like on the TR909: not implemented.
  • A new build has been created: https://github.com/BenZonneveld/Nava-20 ... a-20211219

*Fixed a bug where Expander Mode would not work after entering the config pages
    *Implemented the faint Mute led in expander mode.
    *Fixed volatile/temporary pattern groups not working like expected.
    *The number of config pages and the current config page are shown using the step leds.

Special NOTE:

I removed the sending of MIDI Start/stop/continue command when in Slave mode.
    This should not cause any problems but let me know if you use your Nava in a way where you need a Midi Slave to transmit these.

Greetz,
    Neuromancer
  • johnmc wrote:HI all. I was just about to update my nava with latest beta primarily to use the new midi/pattern sysex load/dump feature but I can't work out how this works from reading the wiki.
    I just noticed I forgot to update the Wiki on this part.
    Short version: when on Config Page 3 you can select Bank/Pattern etc. Pressing the Enter key will transmit the data.

This is something I do need to add to the wiki

Greetz,
    Neuromancer
  • I have noticed the december 2021 build of my firmware contains the unintended feature of being able to reset the Nava using Sysex also known as a system crash.
    Trying to do a pattern, track or config dump will crash the Nava. Doing a bank dump works weirdly enough.

I'm looking into this to figure out what exactly I "didn't change" in that piece of code.

Greetz,
    Neuromancer
  • johnmc wrote:Just realised the nava tools is for windows only? bummer.
    Can you tell me if OSX has Python?
    If so I'm willing to try and create a python version.
  • It does!
  • It'd be great to sort something out for OSX if possible. I thought about getting hold of an old windows laptop purely for keeping Nava patterns in one place... so a Mac version would be a hell of a lot more practical.