Bugs and suggestions

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • Take the new firmware 1.026 if you have the Mux_SH Boards inside.

I have not testet it complete, but i have seen, there are many problems fixed.

Great job
    Thank you again!
  • hey grizzlydj,

i hope i can do something about the hihat cuts in the next update.
    There's indeed a bug in pattern play mode when you hold a new pattern button (that's bauseed by repeated lcd updates that almost block the microcontroller, visible by a flickering lcd). This will be fixed soon. For now just use a short press to change the pattern.
    I'm also working on a dedicated midi expader mode.
    Unfortunately i can't help you with your yocto because i only have a nava.
  • Great :)

About the expander mode, my issue is that the assigned notes are not in the same order as the natural one of the instruments, so they're shown in this illogical order in my external sequencer...
  • zabox wrote: Unfortunately i can't help you with your yocto because i only have a nava.
    Excellent work on the Nava Zabox!

Maybe Vincent can get you a Yocto?....
  • Regarding expander mode improvements...

One feature I liked very much on the 9090 clone was that the sample instruments were played only as long as the note was hold, so it was possible to apply a wide variety of cymbal lengths within a single pattern.

I'm not sure if the Nava is able to do this hardware wise but I would like very much an option for this. Yes, an option that would be switchable because sometimes it can be annoying (hence why the 9090 later got a new eeprom to "correct" this behavior).

One could dream but maybe even analog instruments could get this feature with the help of the muting circuits ? Switchable for each instrument... it would be awesome. Short percussive sounds are really the shit.
  • I did a quick v1.027 update that solve the bugs shown in grizzlydjs clips. It should be up soon.

Changelog:

Fixed:
    - Pattern change bug in slave mode
    - Hihat cuts in tap mode
    - Short trig-1 pulse when played over midi

@gihaume:
    There are no dedicated muting circuits in the nava, mute just stops a trigger in the firmware. Maybe i can get it to work by setting velocity to 0, i'll have to do some experiments.

But first i have to finish another important feature request ;)
  • zabox wrote:I did a quick v1.027 update that solve the bugs shown in grizzlydjs clips. It should be up soon.

Changelog:

Fixed:
    - Pattern change bug in slave mode
    - Hihat cuts in tap mode
    - Short trig-1 pulse when played over midi

@gihaume:
    There are no dedicated muting circuits in the nava, mute just stops a trigger in the firmware. Maybe i can get it to work by setting velocity to 0, i'll have to do some experiments.

But first i have to finish another important feature request ;)

Expander mode is Fantastic!!! All working fine flam also good, but need more tasted again tomorrow...

Yocto 2 need exactly the same expander for midi and will be fine to, maybe some small fix also, I hope you built one :mrgreen: or maybe Vincent copy your expander mode code in yocto 2 firmware this is possible?
  • I just noticed the new firmware with flam! Can someone provide a quick rundown of how it's used? I understand you hold the Shuffle/Flam button and the 16 steps are divided in half for either feature, but where does it work exactly?
  • druu wrote:I just noticed the new firmware with flam! Can someone provide a quick rundown of how it's used? I understand you hold the Shuffle/Flam button and the 16 steps are divided in half for either feature, but where does it work exactly?
    Exactly the same as original tr909, instrument + 2 buttons, exactly as open hihat select ;)