Bugs and suggestions

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • Wisely spoken hoffman and i totally agree. The Nava fw has always been its weakest link.
  • The first update is almost ready, i have sent the files back to Vincent. All bugs in my list are fixed.

Changelog:

Fixed:
    • - Mux issue with external trigger
      - Mux settling times
      - External trigger length drop
      - Din clock phase
      - Midi clock out lag
      - Pattern group bugs in step write and pattern play mode
      - Shuffle update in tap mode
      - Crash when deleting more than the last track position
      - Double midi real time messages on midi out in slave mode
      - Various other bugfixes
      - (Edit:) OH velocity in tap mode
    Updates:
    • - Instruments mute while holding clear
      - In tap mode: hold clear + instrument to delete steps
      - Seperate CH/OH mute (can be set to combined mute again in global settings page 2)
      - Pattern numbers match the step button numbers
      - Track and external instrument positions start at 1
    To do:
    • - Performance improvements
      - Led flickering
      - External instrument midi out lag
      - .... (:
  • Excellent work man!
  • Amazing. Well done!
  • zabox firmware Nava_v1_026 available here
    Pretty nice job you made. Thank you very much ;)
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Really, well done!
  • Please, check midi play mode, more bugs in hi-hats section, also in tap mode hi-hats work bad this has been repeatedly mentioned below .... thx! great work!!!
  • Thanks! :)

Grizzlydj wrote:Please, check midi play mode, more bugs in hi-hats section, also in tap mode hi-hats work bad this has been repeatedly mentioned below .... thx! great work!!!
    I didn't experience any midi play (expander) bugs since v1.025. Make sure the sequencer isn't running when using the nava like that. Either set nava as master or better don't send a midi clock at all. Maybe i'll program a special low latency expander mode in the future, but ultimately it's limited to the rather slow midi baud rate. (latency is already <500us)

I forgot to mention in the changelog that i also fixed tap mode for OH (tapping OH resulted in a low velocity step with dim leds).
    OH only cuts when you press it near a CH step.
  • Great job !

Would you consider a way to assign custom notes to instruments for the "expander mode", similar to Yocto 1 ?