Bugs and suggestions

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • Please note that the flam firmware is still in beta phase and lacking some features, like flam in tap mode. There are many changes in the trigger handling as well, (almost) eliminating led flickering.
    A side effect of an improved internal velocity processing results in a different voltage scaling, it is 32mv lower at full velocity (0,65%). I could‘t hear a difference and if you want to be 100% accurate you can just run the 5v tm2 adjustment again (but a cheap multimeter probably isn‘t as acurate anyway).

I do not recommend to use it in a live gig as the firmware might become unstable because of that. I do however encourage you to test everything under full load, max bpm, rapidly changing flam settings, pressing many buttons at the same time etc (with flam on multiple instruments + regular steps).
    Please tell me if you can get the sequencer to crash or malfunction.

Regarding the selectable midi expander mode: Right now there‘s no benefit over the stock 1.027 midi handling. All it does at the moment is disconnect midi notes in slave and master mode. Thats not a reason to use the flam beta. Just set the regular firmware to master mode and it behaves the same.
  • You're work is outstanding !
    Are you keeping the source bugfix private ? Maybe I'm missing something in the threads, but I'd say it will be great to share the corrected source code.

BR
    Frank
  • p4rancesc0 wrote:You're work is outstanding !
    Are you keeping the source bugfix private ? Maybe I'm missing something in the threads, but I'd say it will be great to share the corrected source code.

BR
    Frank

Available here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=864
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • e-licktronic wrote:
    p4rancesc0 wrote:You're work is outstanding !

BR
    Frank

Available here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=864

Thanks, but I was looking for the code repository:

the official one stopped @ v1.017 I guess...

https://github.com/e-licktronic/Nava-v1.0-code

Best Regards

FranK
  • Hi! excellent work done zabox! Vincent can you send him one kit yocto 2 for free and after he builds it, he will put things in order and with the firmware yocto 2? it seems to me it will be fair! he has done a very great job and in the future he will probably be able to restore order and with yocto 2 .... what do you think about this? :D

New version work perfect, i dont find any bags after 3 days of test...
  • Very excited to test this update out -- thank you for the hardwork!
  • zabox wrote:I did a quick v1.027 update that solve the bugs shown in grizzlydjs clips. It should be up soon.

Changelog:

Fixed:
    - Pattern change bug in slave mode
    - Hihat cuts in tap mode
    - Short trig-1 pulse when played over midi

@gihaume:
    There are no dedicated muting circuits in the nava, mute just stops a trigger in the firmware. Maybe i can get it to work by setting velocity to 0, i'll have to do some experiments.

But first i have to finish another important feature request ;)
    Hi, after some tests expander mode i noticed that digital voice behave still not very well, try to program hihats for every step in the grid 1/16 or 1/32 in the daw and listen only to them, then start programming the rest of the voice in any random way and this will affect the sounding hihats at a big decay is more noticeable ... check it please :)
  • Hello

MIDI mode is much improved with version v1.025 to the point that it's now somewhat useable.

But there's still a few big bugs.

If you setup a 125bpm loop with bass drum on every beat, and open hi hat on every off beat, the open hi hat gets re-triggered whenever the bass drum plays even though there's no note there.

Setup a 125 bpm loop with bass drum on every quarter note and closed hi hat on every eighth note, and set the velocity of the closed high hat low (26) but keep the bass drum velocity higher (100). Sometimes the closed hihat will play at velocity 100 instead of velocity 26. Seems to also happen with other cymbal instruments.
  • Yeah still in 1.027 depending if you trig some voice at the same time or not you get variations in sound on some... very annoying. It sounds a bit like velocity difference but it seems to also be something else going along.

EDIT: It seems that the issue is totally unrelated, just like a short around the BD's decay pot.
    Last edited by gihaume on Jul 17th, '18, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.