Bugs and suggestions

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • @Zabox Are you still maintaining the NAVA firmware?
  • I'd love to have a couple features that can usually be found on most modern sequencers. I know the primary aim of the NAVA project isn't to be a modern sequencer but I think these are quite in line with the philosophy of the project:

1. Step edit mode without starting the sequencer
    2. Solo instruments in mute mode (shift + instrument button?)
    3. Clearing patterns/instruments instantly
    4. Live play mode without actually writing the steps in the pattern

Have you considered any of these? I'd be more than happy to help implement them as I have plenty of relevant experience.
  • zabox wrote:Mh, on some occasions i could get it to jump one 1/16 note, but not to a slight offset as you describe it. But i noticed that the shuffle is completely off, only half as strong as it should be and in slave mode there‘s only one working shuffle variation (0-4 off, 5-7 on).
    I‘m sorry that i didn‘t notice this earlier, but i‘m going to rewrite the shuffle function and match it to a real 909 ;)

It may however take a few weeks. If anyone needs an earlier fix for some reason, i can ask vincent to upload a quick and dirty patch that i‘m already running on my nava. (But right now it only works in the regular 16th note scale).
    Hi, i would like to know if 1.28 beta firmware fix the swing problem in slave mode Thanxx very much
  • sandormatyi wrote:3. Clearing patterns/instruments instantly
    Isn't this already available? Press clear when in step/tap edit and the sequencer is stopped.
    sandormatyi wrote:4. Live play mode without actually writing the steps in the pattern
    You mean triggering the sounds from the step keys while playing a pattern ?
    How would one change the patterns ?
  • sandormatyi wrote: 1. Step edit mode without starting the sequencer
    I just finished building my Nava, and thought this was a problem with my build! Yocto2, which is the same sequencer as far as I can tell, allows step programming while sequencer is stopped. If the Nava behavior is intended, I'm baffled as to why.

UPDATE:
    I'm not sure why I thought I could program steps on the Yocto while the sequencer is stopped. As it turns out, my memory sucks. The Yocto requires the sequencer to be running, just like the Nava. :shrug:
    Last edited by bizillcizole on Aug 16th, '21, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
  • Now imagine a TR909 which has tap time recording BUT you can only tap in a single instrument at a time. Let's call it an RD9.....
  • Neuromancer wrote:Now imagine a TR909 which has tap time recording BUT you can only tap in a single instrument at a time. Let's call it an RD9.....
    :lol: